26

Jiwon left Younghoon's embrace, heading over to the food table, because heartbreak is definitely cured by food.

No, everything is cured by food.

Her finger barely grazed the food before she was yanked back into the center of the ballroom, joining the large crowd already forming.

"I know you wanted that crepe but help me out, too many girls are hitting on me." Younghoon sighed, nodding his head at the crowd of girls gathering behind him.

"Ah." Jiwon whispered. "There's a lot of them."

"Yeah, so be my partner." He lowered his voice. "After all, aren't we basically dating?"

"Well yes, but no?"

"Theres a yes in there, my lady. Everyone here voted on that weird switch-partner-dance. They're just trying to find away to dance with another person and not hurt their partner." He rolled his eyes before reaching his hand out.

"Dance?"

"Hungry, but yes, of course, Sir."

-

The music was funky, blasting from the speakers around.

Even if it was a fun (and supposedly safe) party, Jiwon, Younghoon, and Yujin kept their eyes out for any suspicion people.

Yujin and Haknyeon were pretty crazy, dancing like their lives depended on it.

It was cute, how she looked at him and how he smiled back, his hands on her waist.

"You want me to do that to you?" Younghoon bended down to her height, smiling. His large hands wrapped around her waist, gripping and pulling closer. "Like this?"

"Just like that." She grinned. "This is nice, a completely platonic relationship."

"Right, platonic." Younghoon sucked his breath glancing anywhere but her.

As much as he told her to use him, to just be there with him, saying the words out loud hurt him even more. But he would never say it, not in front of Jiwon.

"Thank you. For understanding me. Even if you wanted me to use you, you're still giving me comfort- even if I don't have feelings for you."

There it was again. The pain hurt like crazy but Younghoon nodded. "Don't mention it."

Jiwon glanced at the partners, slowly forming a circle. "It's starting! Let's join."

-

Getting into position wasn't hard, but there were uneasy glances around the room.

"Where is Yuna and Hyunjae?" The security head said, searching around the crowd.

"Maybe those two want a little privacy-"

"Nobody is leaving tonight until we find those two," He growled.

"We'll find him, we're his personal assistants."

"Alright. Find him. Or nobody leaves." He turned around, everybody's eyes shifting onto Jiwon who just volunteered herself and the completely baffled Younghoon.

"What the heck was th-"

"Come on, we have to find them. They maybe the President and his fiancé but most importantly, they're our friends. Get your buttocks moving."

Her and Younghoon ran out of the doors, traveling around the large mansion.

"Hey guys, wait up!" Yujin and Haknyeon grinned, catching up.

"Extra help is always better, yeah?" Haknyeon grinned. "We'll go left."

"Alright, thanks."

Jiwon gripped Younghoon's wrist, dragging him in the opposite direction.

"You think they'd be in the maze?" Jiwon said turning around to glance at the man behind her, who was busily holding his wrist.

"Man you grip crazy hard, but maybe. It wouldn't hurt to try." He dropped his wrist. "Come on, it won't be that hard to navigate this thing."

-

"Okay wait, this is impossible." Younghoon said, rolling his sleeves up in annoyance. "I swear I've seen this dead-end 6 times already."

"Younghoon-"

"How are we even going to get ou-"

Jiwon slapped her hand over his mouth, pushing him against the wall of shrubs. "Shush."

Faint voices were heard over the silence, Jiwon squinting her eyes and concentrating on the familiar sounds.

Younghoon glanced down at her, his eyes fixated on the way her nose scrunched up and her eyes narrowed.

"C-can I kiss you?"

Jiwon's eyes widened,  glancing at Younghoon before letting go of his face.

"Oh s-sure." The voice whispered back, Jiwon's face contorting with pain.

Younghoon wrapping his hand around her wrist half-way in the air, pulling her close.

Because if he couldn't take her pain away, distracting her was better than nothing.

"Focus on me for once." He whispered as he stared at the teary eyed Jiwon.

"I can't feel like this." She stared up at him in pain. "It's wrong when he's with someone else, my friend even."

"Then don't feel like that."

She glanced at him, making a confused face.

"Why can't you just feel like that, towards me?" He said, pulling her closer, intoxicated by the love he had for the woman in his embrace.

-

This is a Hyunjae story but I lowkey ship Jiwon with Younghoon 🥲