10

Frick.

The footsteps grew louder so Jiwon started panicking.

I can't let him know I heard!

Grabbing the fork, she ran across the hall to the opposite side.

Dropping a few more plates, she laid down in an uncomfortable position.

"You okay?" Hyunjae peeked his head out from the room, his phone in one hand.

It really looked like Jiwon just fell.

She got up, dusting herself off. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm glad I didn't break a lot of this." She glanced at the expensive, porcelain china. "It's probably more than my paycheck."

A small cup had chipped, but that was about it. As Jiwon leaned down to pick up the table wear, the chipped piece cut her.

"Ouch." Jiwon said, while pulling her hand away, she held her injured finger.

Hyunjae rushed over, staring at the blood blooming on her hands. "Oh gosh, come with me, you clumsy girl." His hands wrapped around her wrist, dragging her towards his office.

He pulled a box full of bandaids, ointments, alcohol pads, and other first-aid items down from his shelf.

"It's just a cut, Hyunjae." Jiwon stared at him in disbelief. No wonder Yuna had fallen into his trap, his acting seemed so real.

Hyunjae, asked himself the same question. It was just a cut, yet, why did he want to help her so badly? He knew she already heard everything, yet, he didn't want to get rid of her.

"It's still blood, Jiwon." He applied ointment onto her finger, making her hiss under her breath. "Does it hurt?"

Jiwon nodded, slightly embarrassed.

Hyunjae leaned in, blowing softly against her fingertips.

Jiwon hated it, hated the fact that her cheeks burned.

After applying a bandaid, he looked back up at her. "There ya go. Try to be more careful next time."

Jiwon smiled at him. "Thanks. Although you really didn't have to do that."

Hyunjae nodded at her.

She rushed for the door, but a hand wrapped around her wrist, before pulling her back and pinning her to the wall.

She was now face to face with Hyunjae, only a few inches apart.

"Look," His soft breath brushed over her face, his hands holding her hands by her sides, "I don't know what you heard, but I know you heard something."

He glanced at her lips, before immediately looking away.

"Yuna has no idea that I'm planning a birthday party for her." Hyunjae looked at her pleadingly. "Please don't tell her."

Jiwon's eyes widened. "Y-yeah. I won't. No worries."

Hyunjae nodded, glancing at the Jiwon who looked slightly confused and guilty. She rushed out quickly.

He sighed. Tomorrow was the meeting of the many provinces of Korea, and if Jiwon found out what he and his father were talking about, it would have messed up way too many things.

He remembered what his father had told him earlier, while they were calling.

"Don't be afraid to eliminate anyone who gets in the way." Hyunjae knew if his father knew about Jiwon, he would have her killed by now. Yet, Hyunjae himself didn't want her dead.

He had to admit, she was quite interesting.

Whatever, as long as tomorrow goes right, everything would fall into place. The provinces would never know who to blame, let alone blame the President's own people.

The client would be there, and he's expecting the President to have gone missing.