18

Tap tap tap.

Steps echoed and light harshly flooded through the room, making the tied up man squint in pain.

"Hey, look at me." fingers harshly gripped onto the President's chin, pulling his face up so their their eyes could meet.

"Don't touch my face, traitor." He seethed, pulling his face out of the man's grip.

The man scoffed, grabbing his face more harshly this time. "You act like you aren't the one tied up." He smirked at him before pushing his face away.

"Whatever. Don't kill him. Just starve him." He said and waved his hands to the guards. "I'm off now. See you!" He said walking off before turning around, bowing down deeply.

"Have fun, Mr. President."

-

"Father! You came!" Hyunjae's smile was wide. "Come on in!"

Jiwon looked up from her stack of papers, pulling her glasses off and glancing up.

"Oh, Mr. Lee! Hello!" She stood up, bowing. Although the man did some unhonorable things, he was still someone that Jiwon found herself respecting.

"Yes, yes. No need to bow. My assistant Mr. Choi is here too. Although he needs to go soon to attend to Mr. Shin."

Yujin who had just walked into the room, glanced at him weirdly. "Mr. Shin? You mean the current President?"

"Yup. Yuna's uncle." He nodded, slowly sitting down in a nearby seat, his knees cracking from the effort, making Hyunjae rush over to help him out.

"I trust you will take care of your father?"
Mr. Choi said, glancing at Hyunjae.

"Of course. He's my dad." He put a hand on his father's shoulder, making Mr. Lee chuckle.

"Alrighty then. I'm off-" He turned around.

"Wait!" Yujin grabbed onto Mr. Choi's shoulder.
"You work for Mr. Shin right?"

She pulled away from him before looking down in her palms. She looked back up at him, hope glimmering in his eyes. "Would you be willing too, you know, spy on him?"

He glanced around the room before connecting his eyes with Mr. Lee. "I should do what I can to help right?"

Yujin smiled widely. "Great! Let's catch this culprit!"

-

Hyunjae and his father still funded the company, which landed him a place at the Blue House.

He nodded at the people passing by, causing the girl's to gasp in surprise. "Oh my, isn't he so dashing?"

What could he do? After all, he was gorgeous and he knew it.

"Help me out here?" Jiwon said, struggling besides him with a stack of papers and binders piled up in her arms.

Hyunjae glanced back at her. "But you're my assistant." Hyunjae slightly smirked. "That's your job.

And he walked off.

Jiwon groaned, still following behind the dreadful man.

She wasn't able to land a job at the Blue House as Yuna's guard, after all, basically an army had been recently hired to protect her.

So, the only way she could get a position in the Blue House was, you guessed it, as Hyunjae's assistant.

And all she had to do was get ordered around.

Younghoon grabbed some stuff out of her hands, making her sigh in relief.

Although her and Younghoon had settled on a platonic relationship, it was still evident that he still cared for her deeply even if after the awkward events.