06

Jiwon held her hands tight, biting her lips nervously, while Younghoon kept fixing his tie and clearing his throat.

They stood in front of the Blue House, which would've been pleasant, visiting here, but under the circumstances of protecting the president's daughter with their life?! Yeah, not as pleasant.

"You must be the personal bodyguards." A nice lady said, walking up to them.

She signed them to follow her, before she turned around and started walking the way she came from.

"Your Sergeant spoke highly of you two. I'm trusting you guys to protect the daughter of the president."

Jiwon and Younghoon glanced at each other. Didn't they leave a pretty bad impression on not only the Sergeant, but also the Lieutenant?

"And I even heard that Officer Jiwon put her life on the line to catch that robber. It was sad that he got away." The woman sighed, still walking, "But that was still such a courageous act." Jiwon blushed and Younghoon suddenly felt guilty again.

"Ah! I'm rambling. Since you two are new officers, you guys are going to go through extra training with a personal trainer. Gotta stay in tip-top shape!"

She came to a stop in front of a regal door. "Now, you guys will be meeting the president and his daughter." She stepped aside from the door, stretching her arm out towards it. "Go on, they don't exactly like waiting."

Younghoon nodded, opening the door slowly, letting Jiwon in first.

"You guys must be the bodyguards!" The fine-looking man said, his smile wide, and his arms wide open. "Come on in!"

They stepped inside the large, royal room, gawking at the embellishments running across the walls. There was a large oak bookcase showcasing awards and vintage books that was probably worth more than Jiwon's and Younghoon's salary combined for the next 30 years!

It was almost as beautiful as the lady sitting down nervously on the armchair near the president.

"This is my daughter, Yuna. She means the world to me. I don't know what I would do without her. Please take care of her."

Yuna was beautiful, no doubt about it. Younghoon's open mouth opened even wider.

"Hi, I'm Yuna! It's very nice to meet you two."
She stood up and Jiwon suddenly felt short. She was up to Younghoon's neck.

"The pleasure is all mine." Younghoon said, his face red, before he shook her hand and kissed it.

Yuna smiled a dazzling smile and turned to Jiwon. She hugged her. When did people smell this good?

"Very nice to meet you too." Yuna said, her hands holding Jiwon's. "It sounds unbelievable that I'm being targeted but that's the perks of living political."

There was a knock that sounded on the door, making everyone glance at the door. A very familiar voice sounded. "May I come in?"

The president chuckled. "Ah, is that you Jaehyun?"

Yuna immediately started fixing her hair, her face turning a bright pink.

Jiwon smiled at her. "Fancy, anyone?"

Yuna elbowed her, laughing. "Maybe a bit."

The door opened, revealing a dazzling man. He glanced at Younghoon and looked attacked. Younghoon was also pretty good-looking.

"Hello, I'm Jaehyun. I'm willing to fund the safety of your daughter." He smiled dashingly.

The president grinned. "Thank you so much, our country's funds are being used for emergencies."

Jaehyun smiled, his eyes fixed on the girl who was shyly touching her hair. "Yuna, its very nice to meet you."

She nodded back at him, still smiling brightly.

Jiwon sighed at the love blooming in front of her.

Her and Younghoon were definitely going to be 3rd and 4th wheels.

But something felt off.

Where had she heard his voice before?