03

"How did he even lug that huge painting out of here?" Jiwon asked, her head tilted in confusion.

"Obviously planned it way before. Genius, huh." Younghoon said, also observing the large, empty spot where the painting should have hung.

"While you stand here and stare, I'll get to the searching." Jiwon said, turning around to leave.

"Nuh-uh-uh" Youngjoon said, grabbed her wrist and pulling her back to her original spot "you stand here and I'll go."

"No-" They bickered for about five minutes but whats new?

"Why don't you two both go?" A female voice behind them said.

They turned around to see her. "Holy shnickles. Hi, Lieutenant Choi."

She chuckled. "Yes, hello. No more bickering, now is not the time. Besides, there's so much museum to search, both of you should get moving."

Jiwom and Younghoon looked each other in the eye before they started scrambling around. "Yes, Ma'am!"

She chuckled before walking off to watch over another group of officers who were searching the lobby.

"I'll go left, you go right." Younghoon said, walking off quickly. Jiwon rolled her eyes.

"Dude, we have to stay together, we're partners." Jiwon said, her hand reaching out to grab Younghoon's

Younghoon glared at her. "And who told you that? I'm not your freaking partner, God knows I hate being around you." He shook of her hand harshly.

He walked off leaving Jiwon alone and slightly.
She fought off her tears. "What a jerk."

She turned around to go to the right. "I can't let him hurt my feelings and bring down my mood, I have a thief to catch."

Her shoes click-clacked against the cold, marble floor. The place was absolutely astonishing. Her eyes roamed over the many paintings that adorned the smooth, white walls.

She might as well enjoy her time here, right?

There was a door with the sign "employees only" on it, and it was slightly ajar, near the end of the hallway. She planned on going up the stairs that was right across from it but, that could wait.

Slowly tip-toeing, her hands wrapped around the door-knob, clutching it firmly before pulling the door open.

She was shocked by the sudden change in air; it was old, musty, and warm. But not dark.

There was a window letting in natural light into the room, making it look quite magical.

She kinda liked the room.

Books on shelves lined the walls and paintings laid against them too. There was also a nice, olive ottoman in the corner.

There was a turn in the room and she was no longer covered by the book cases.

She could clearly see the whole room now.

And the man in the middle picking something up.

"Hey, Police!" Jiwon instinctively grabbed her weapon, pointing it at the man.

He looked up at her in surprise, before quickly grabbing the black fabric off the floor and bolting.

"Don't move or I'll blast your head off."

He stopped in his place, slowly turning around.

He had a mask on, covering his face completely.

His eyes darted around the room before stealthily grabbing a vase off a nice side-table and throwing it at Jiwon.

She couldn't shoot him, it didn't feel right to her.

She dodged it, her fast reflexes kicking in. She turned around to look at the vase, which was her mistake.

He picked up another vase and it hit the back of her head, shattering into tiny pieces.

"Sorry, Princess. I'm in a hurry and you're bothering me a bit."

Jiwon's eyes were blurry but she was able to see him climb out the window, stuff the fabric into his pocket and jump out.

His hands wrapped around the windowsill, and he pulled himself up real quick, before winking at her. "See ya next time."

Aaaand she went unconscious.