19

Hyunjae grunted, pushing himself off the wall, before quickly making his way out of the room.

"T-there's nothing in here. Let's get going." He unlocked the door from the inside, opening it for Jiwon who walked out completely confused as to what just happened.

Younghoon watched, leaning against a nearby wall, uninterested. He sighed before walking off, back to Hyunjae's office.

"Oh look, you three are here too?" A familiar voice called out. "I had no idea!"

The three turned around, looking at where the voice came from. "Oh, Krista! Great seeing you here. But why-"

"No, thats my question actually. My team was assigned to protect Yuna, not yours. So what the heck are you guys doing?" Eunjung crossed her arms, her foot tapping on the prestigious marble floor.

Hyunjae smiled. "Oh, cause I'm the biggest donater? I fund all of this security, please, what do you do?" He smiled, as polite as he could while Jiwon clenched her teeth. That girl was irritating, let me tell you that.

Wherever Krista goes, Eunjung is right beside her.

Eunjung glanced at him. "I don't supposed you somehow got Jiwon as your assistant and Younghoon as your bodyguard? Imagine that."

Hyunjae smiled even wider. "Why yes, exactly that. Alrighty, no more talking, I got work to do."

"Before you go, why'd you come out of the President's office?"

Hyunjae stopped in his steps. The other two busied themselves. "Ah, that."

Krista looked genuinely curious and Eunjun looked like she just wanted their team gone.

"I fund security, I was just wondering if there was a need for bullet-proof glass in his window. Besides, I have to install camera's in offices too." He played it off, his voice not wavering.

Krista believed it immediately. "Great idea! So much more secure this place will be. Anyways, me and Eunjung were just head to the restroom, she's got an upset stomach, you know?" Eunjung elbowed Krista making her glance at her in a what? manner.

"Whatever." She rushed off to the bathrooms, a loud slam echoing off the walls.

Krista opened the door too, about to go in. She turned around, smiling at them. "I won't tell her what I saw." Her finger hovering over her mouth before she closed the door, leaving the three open-mouthed.

"Oh well."

Jiwon flopped on her bed, her head ringing, and her body completely sore.

"Hey! I just washed those sheets, take a bath already!" Her mother stood at her door, her hands on her hips.

Her father who had just recently come back home from a trips stood beside her, shaking his head. "Yeah, I can smell the stink from here." He waved his hands in front of his nose for emphasis making the girl roll her eyes and drag herself to the restroom.

After she had washed, her phone rang while she was drying her hair.

"Hello?" Jiwon answered, still busy drying her hair.

"Oh, Jiwon! It's me Chaeryeong." Her soft voiced called out from the phone in Jiwon's palm.

The girl immediately lit up. "Oh my gosh I missed you!"

"Same here! I'm so glad those robberies are finally over, thank goodness. Although I'm a little worried. Everyone keeps talking about our missing president. They say security up there is trash."

Jiwon sighed. "It's, well, it's not that bad. But we have enough to fund us. Our security is pretty top-notch now but, we most definitely should have done that earlier."

It was silent for some time, the comfortable kind, as the two girls were deep in thought.

"Anyways, how've you been?"

"Amazing, you?"

Yujin stared at her phone hoping a call, maybe even a text would come from the security guard. She wished she could do something, anything, to find the president.

She sighed, throwing her phone onto her bed before grasping her hair in annoyance.

"In times like this, food is the way." She rushed to her bedroom door, about to leave and get herself some treats before the soft ping of her phone caught her attention.

She slowly spun around, her eyes stuck on her phone before she launched herself onto her bed.

She grabbed the phone quickly looking for whatever had notified her.

Her messaging app had a small 1 in the corner and she smashed the button hoping he had actually texted her with something useful or maybe something to confirm that the President was the culprit.

But it was something else.

Unknown

Hey, Police girl?

Who r u?

Hak :)

Yujin's lips curved into a smile, her cheeks heating up. Haknyeon had kept the number she had given him after all.

She kicked the air, all giddy before she texted him back.

As she waited for another text back from Haknyeon, her phone pinged again and this time, it wasn't from Haknyeon. She pressed on the text.

Mr. Security Guard dude

The current President is behind this.