21

"What? How dare you accuse me of such nonsense!" The President slammed his hand on the table, making Jiwon slightly jump as Younghoon stared down at him, not flinching.

"Oh really? Mr. Choi handed in quite the amount of evidence he found while guarding your office."

"That traitor." Younghoon reached across the table, gripping Mr. Shin's tie and pulling him close.

"I'd give in now," Younghoon whispered. "Before we make you."

He pushed Younghoons hands off his tie, smoothing it down. He cleared his throat, glancing back up at the taller man. "Y-you shouldn't threaten your president." He gulped, almost making Jiwon scoff. He was scared.

"Show me the evidence. What could you possibly have against me when I didn't even commit the crime?"

Jiwon smiled. "I thought you'd never ask." She slid papers across the desk, never breaking eye contact. "I wonder if you can still deny the accusations after this."

He widened his eyes at the documents. Emails towards unanimous people, telling them to kidnap the previous President. Papers of rented warehouses to "keep stuff" were scattered on the tables. Photographs of the President shaking hands with people with masks and guns. It was all way too shady to not mean anything.

"We even have a motive down for you." Jiwon smiled, leaning in closer, making the President panic. "You lost the election against your brother." She lowered her voice. "And you want revenge."

He pushed her away, glaring at her, which made Younghoon run over to her side. "Don't touch her!"

He glared at the two officers. "I love my brother! How dare you bring me here and accuse me of such things?" He grabbed the papers, shaking them in the air. "You bring me fabricated evidence? Check your sources! I never did any of these things!"

Jiwon glanced at Younghoon, assuring him she was fine. She stared at him. "I'll talk with Mr. Choi about the credibility of these things." She cocked her head. "In the meantime, you'll be staying here."

They walked out, leaving the confused President to cry in his little chamber.

Yujin tried for the 100th time to contact Mr. Choi but he just wouldn't pick up.

"Leave a message at the be-" Yujin through her phone across the room in fury. Had he just run away?

"That piece of sh-" Then she glanced up at her team who was staring at her confused.

"You are definitely gonna need a new phone." Younghoon said glancing at the cracked phone on the floor. "Remind me not to get on your bad side."

Yujin glared at him. "I can't contact Mr. Choi." She sighed, sinking back into her sear, grabbing her hair is frustration.

"You think he might be behind this?" Yujin said, glancing at everyone, worry in her eyes.

"No no." Hyunjae said, raising his hand. "He just texted me that he's going to be going on vacation." He raised an eyebrow. "He's stressed."

Jiwon rolled her eyes. "He's going to have to be here if we're going to convict Mr. Shin."

Sergeant Han stood up. "You ever heard of deepfakes?" He walked over from his desk that was set apart from the others. "You can edit a face onto anyone."

"You think Mr. Choi did that?" Jiwon cocked her head to the side, thinking about it.

"Only one way to find out." Sergeant Han glanced at Hyunjae. "You used to be on whoever did this's side. So I'm assuming-" He cleared his throat. "You know something."

"I'm supposed to be President." Hyunjae suddenly said.

"What?" Younghoon said, making a confused face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I was supposed to take over for Yuna's dad, but his brother took the seat." Hyunjae smiled. "And now that he's in custody",

"Guess who's taking the lead now?"