01

"I got the job! I got the job!" Jiwon ran into her mother's bedroom screaming, while waving the official-looking paper in her hands. "I'm gonna be a policewoman!"

Her mother, who was sleeping soundly, jumped at the noise. "R-really? That's great hun.." She took off her face mask before rubbing her eyes to see her daughter's face. "That's absolutely awesome, darling." She sighed, before slipping on her mask again and falling back onto her bed. "But let's talk about this tomorrow, I'm pooped."

Jiwon, who was still giddy, smiled at her mom, "Okay!" She ran to her mom's motionless body and jumped on it. "Thanks mom for everything."

Her mom, who was basically sleeping, lifted her hand to wrap it around her daughter. "I love you too," she said drowsily.

Jiwon laughed at her mother, before hopping off the bed and walking towards her room.

She didn't sleep early, always a night owl. Grabbing the remote, she turned on the TV, and flipped through tons of telenovelas, cartoons, and shopping channels. She finally landed on the desired channel.

Which was the news. She was gradually becoming her mom.

A reporter, who's a pretty woman with dark brown hair and a blue blouse was standing outside, in front of the National Museum of Korea. "Those who have visited the museum recently, know that the Egypt exhibition is currently on display. Unfortunately, another priceless artifact has been stolen." The reporter lowered her head, sadly. "I really wanted to see King Tut's mummy and was planning on visiting the museum this weekend with my kids. They were looking forward to it too." She sighed, before smiling at the camera again. "Back to you, Eric."

Jiwon intently watched the news, but her mind was completely elsewhere.

Could I?

She hadn't even gotten her first case yet, heck, she hasn't even gotten hired yet. "But that reporter must've really wanted to see that exhibition."

Her phone dinged, so she took her attention off  of the rambling reporters on the TV.

Jiwon's eyes widened at the text.

Chaery🍒

Man
I'm disappointed

And why is that? Who made you disappointed 😠

You know the Museum of Modern
and Contemporary Art?

Yeah why?

I just heard that the main exhibition
got stolen 😔

What was it?

the stuff that
commemorated the 70th anniversary
for the Korean War
I was gonna visit next week 😢
They notified me a few minutes ago..

Must be related to the Egypt Exhibition thing.

Definitely, btw, did you get the job??

Yup! And I'll catch whoever is behind this just
for you my Chaery ❤️ 🍒

Lol, you better, I need to see that exhibition or else 😡

Haha sure 😊

Jiwon placed her phone down, sighing. Then she broke out into a smile.

Maybe she could catch this thief and make everyone happy.

"Yeah, let's do that." Her hands reached out for the papers beside her on the couch. "I'll catch him

-before he steals anything else."