11

"Welcome everyone. It is a pleasure to be able to see all of your faces gathered here today."
The President stood at the podium with his hands raised, a calm smile on his face.

Everyone politely clapped, while Jiwon was in a foul mood because of her uncomfortable dress. She was almost hoping an attack would happen, so she could rip off her skirt and comfortably wear her biker shorts that Yuna had cleverly put under her dress.

"Just in case anything does happen, just rip off the skirt, and bam! Shorts."

Jiwon almost laughed out loud remembering that scene.

Younghoon looked extra dashing today too, his hair styled up, his space gray suit looking slick.

He was handsome... Jiwon had to admit.

Yuna, was wearing a cherry pink dress, it fit in all of the right places. Her hair was put in an elegant bun, a few strands loose to frame her beautiful face.

And then, there's Hyunjae.

Jiwon almost choked seeing him. He wore a dress shirt, a black tie with an expensive monogram displayed on it, and his hair messily but chicly styled.

Jiwon felt so bad finding someone Yuna had a crush on, so attractive.

The words from the President completely passed by Jiwon's ears. She was too busy staring at Hyunjae.

Besides just wearing a dress, Jiwon had a silver gown on, its short sleeves puffed out and her hair had been half-up half-down, a few loose strands framing her face.

She looked like a completely new person when she saw herself in the mirror. But that didn't matter, she had a president's daughter to protect.

Jiwon and Younghoon weren't paying attention to the speech.

They were scanning the whole room.

Hyunjae's excitement tingled inside of him. He was always so excited when missions like these came up.

Besides everything that was supposed to happen, he couldn't keep his eyes off of Jiwon.

She looked... not too bad actually.

Whenever she turned to Younghoon, something burned inside of him.

But it wasn't jealousy, it couldn't be.

Hyunjae shook his head. What was he even thinking?

"Lee Jaehyun, whom I like to call as 'Hyunjae,' will be making a speech. He's the son of a close friend of mine, Lee Sangyeon, and they own Meringue, the largest distributing company in Korea." The President stepped to the side.

Everyone politely clapped as Hyunjae walked up the steps.

Soft gasps emitted through the crowd; he looked quite stunning.

"Nice to meet you all. As you know, to protect Korea from any possibilities of blackmail and war, we are taking extra precautions to protect the president's daughter, who is the supposed target. Meringue is gladly willing to fund any types of protections that Yun-"

Beep.

The lights went out and even louder gasps came from the crowd.

Guards rushed around the room, looking for the source of disturbance and a source to turn the lights back on.

Jiwon was suddenly awake from her short nap due to boredom and quickly latched onto Yuna to protect her from whatever could be planned.

When the lights turned back on, everyone sighed in relief.

Hyunjae chuckled. "That was unexpected. Anyways, Meringue has decided to give 5% of their stocks over to the President so he will always have extra funds-"

"Hey, speaking of the President, where is he?" A random politician in the crowd shouted.

Hyunjae smiled. "Right behind me, what do you mean?"

He turned around, gasping a bit.

"He was just right here!" He turned to the crowd, pure panic on his face. "Alert all security to close all exits and entrances! Guard the perimeter!"

He looked over everyone in the crowd.
"And do not let anyone escape."

He turned around, facing where the President once was. He glanced behind the curtains or any other place where he could have been, attempting to search for him, but he knew that he was already long gone.

And he just couldn't suppress a smile.