21: The audacity of the big flirt.

o(TヘTo)

Happy New Year! I accidentally stub my toe caused it to bleed, a great way to start a new year.

~

The talisman that your grandmother gave to you for success is accidentally left in the gym, you notice it was gone when you start to search inside your bag for confirmation that your stuff is still in there. 

So you went back to the gym to retrieve it while telling them to go on to the bus without you. You pick up the talisman from the polished wooden floor and look at it with a sigh, you are not letting a free meal out from your grasp.

"Oh, that pretty girl is back." You heard someone said behind your back loudly and a smack afterward. You turn around to see the players from before are still in the gym. You look at the talisman in your hand and then at Iwaizumi who is a few feet away from you. 

You decided to tick him off and tease him a bit so you walk up to him and raise his arm to put the talisman on the palm of his hand since he is taller than you, you pull his shirt downward and forward so you could whisper beside his ear. "Maybe you need this more than I do."

Without seeing his reaction, you walk out of the gym with a smirk on your face, and his team member gaping their mouth at what just happen. Oh, how you wish you could see his face but to cooly pull this act out, you couldn't.

While walking towards the front gate, you saw Oikawa who walked in the opposite direction. You gave him a nod in respect and went on your merry way, you like it to stay that way but Oikawa said otherwise. He walks backward to be the same place as you, he didn't do that just for fun but he has a question in mind.

"Neh [Last Name]-chan, Why are you in a boy team?" Oikawa asks but you coldly reply with none of your business. He dramatically clenches his heart and said how cruel, you almost thought he was a drama club member instead of a volleyball team member.

You chuckle at his childishness which makes him turn in your direction and lean down a bit, he makes his move on you which you thought was hilarious. "Your smile can defeat the sunshine, you know?" He said with a charming smile that can swoon you over when you were 11, but you're much mature than that so replies him with a "Are you trying to flirt?"

"How cold, [Last Name]-chan!" He whines out loud while you laugh at his shenanigans. "I have no time to play with you, I got a bus to rush on." You said before you increase your walking speed but you were stopped by his hand holding your arm. "What are you doing?" You said as you were surprised at his action.

"My girlfriend didn't like girls surrounding me so help me out for a second!" He said nervously as he saw his fangirls a couple of blocks away. Your mouth is a gap open, he flirts with you when he has a girlfriend, the audacity of this man. But this is a great chance to force him to teach you his famous serve.

"Fine." You said and ran towards the bunch of girls, Oikawa panic for a second since he didn't know what idea you have in store. "Hey, I overheard Oikawa-san said he will be at the drinking station for a refreshment." The flock of girls only heard Oikawa's name and quickly said thank you before rushing to the drinking station while gossiping about what drink should they buy for him.

They didn't even bother checking your black jersey with your school's name on it, and they didn't even care that he has a girlfriend when he was flirting with them, you can imagine how desperate the level of the girls are. But you weren't the one who birth to them so why should you care about them so much.

You turn around to Oikawa and he is posing a huge heart shape with his hand, you blankly stare at him and shake your head at how much of a huge flirt he is. You almost forgot you have a bus that is waiting for you, so you quickly rush to the gate and enter the bus.

You apologize to all of your teammates which almost everyone said's okay, the exception is the salty Tsukishima leave sarcastic remarks on how late you are. Honestly, you were so close to snapping on his saltiness and choke his throat with your own two hands.

..

After arriving on the school ground, the team started cleaning the whole gym with the feeling of tiredness appear on everyone's faces. You were about to ask Hinata on the bus if Captain said anything about the future's plan but he was too tired that he slept through the entire journey.

For his very first serious match, he must gather a lot of concentration during the match so you decided to let him sleep and ask him about it when going home together. After the cleanup, the team was going to the convenience store down the hill for some meat bun.

But things aren't going as plan as all the meat bun was bought by the soccer team, those who were really hungry was left with a health bar. You didn't go in and get one because you couldn't stand the cigarette smoke scent the store has.

On the way home, you guys talk about Oikawa and why Kageyama didn't enroll at Shiratorizawa. The most surprising thing you know from the conversation is Kageyama is not that good at studies, you thought he was good at it because of the way he plans strategies and the way he tosses so accurately to Hinata's hand.

Maybe that's why they call him a genius setter instead of a genius.

And your senior said someone who is incredible in the position as a libero is coming back from suspension. You can't help but wonder what stories your senior has kept from you from knowing, based on the sad expression when Kageyama mentions the team's libero.

So, just who you are, libero?

--

Question: Should I make Asahi and Nishinoya as love interests?