24: Dominant pleading

(ง •_•)ง

~

"You met the former ace of the team?" You ask Hinata as you stretch your body to avoid you getting cramps in the middle of the practice. "Yeah, he was huge like a bear!" He said as he waves his hand in the air to indicate how huge the ace is.

Tanaka stifle his laughter as he heard Hinata said that his former teammate is shaped like a bear, Daichi also lets out a chuckle and said: "That's one way of describing him." Now you are regretting not following them to see the ace as you were wondering how he looks like.

But then again, you have so many things in your hand that you can't get yourself out before handling all of them and that you mean you were busy talking with teachers about things that should prepare before their next lesson. And boy they have a long breath.

Nishinoya has something to show the team before the practice start, he said it's a new trick that he created when he is on probation. "Rolling Thunder!" He yells like those characters in JRPG before casting a skill, but the trick he created is just the basic rotating receive that already has been list in the book so it's nothing new or making you awe.

Others were confused while others laugh at his silly yelling before the action, which makes his pride get hurt, and tell those who are younger than him to kneel down so he could seem like a senpai and assert dominance. While unlike the others, Hinata seems this is a cool action to his empty receive collection and wanted to learn from Nishinoya.

Though the moment didn't last long as the teacher that manages the team barge into the gym with a piece of paper in his hand, yelling that he got some good news for the team. He was saying that the team will participate in the golden week camp and luckily he manages to land a practice match with Nekoma on the last day.

The golden week camp is the camp that only given to those sports clubs in the school as it was held at the school's one-week holiday - Golden Week. Members take this time to train and practice as hard as they can to win for the following sports tournament.

Nekoma is a school from Tokyo which you originated from according to your upperclassmen, they used to have practice match with each other as both of the coaches love to compete with each other until that is the former coach decided to retire due to aging.

You were familiar with Nekoma's coach as well as your master used to taking you to Nekoma to watch them play and let you learn a thing or two from the team that's best on defense. Now you think about it, you should buy some of his favorite sake when encountering him.

While the news is out of the topic after a while, the usual practice match began. Tanaka swears to you that he would prove that country boy is better than city boys by wreaking them in the practice match. But the wrong pronunciation of the city into shitty makes you and Tsukkishima chuckles at his failed language.

You overheard the conversation between Daichi and Nishinoya, he didn't want to participate in this practice match because of the ace. There is so much disadvantage without the former ace being in the team, tomorrow you must meet the ace and make him get back to the team, willing or not.

..

"[Last Name]-chan-" Yachi yells as you went out of the classroom as soon as the bells rings, you never did that for the past few months. You always stayed in the class for the whole recess since you do all the classwork first and some student council's works as well, you're one of their members.

"Sorry, Yachi-chan. But could you help me to do this? I gotta go, bye." You said handing her a piece of paper that needs to be done as requested by the teacher before running off to the third-year area. Yachi is the assistance that you requested from the teacher because sometimes you couldn't handle all of this including the student council's work so you want her to help out when there is too much to do.

"L-leave it to me!" Yachi yells before running into the classroom to do all the tasks that you have been appointed to do. You ran as fast as you could to get that former ace into the team again as soon as possible so Yachi wouldn't take all of your tasks by herself.

When you arrive at the third year area, you forgot to ask them about his class so you went to each class's window to see if someone fit the description when you ask about his characteristic. Like a bear, brown hair and looks older than his age, that's what you get from hearing about him. It's not much to work but you will make it work somehow.

You notice one guy with brown hair and when he turns around to talk to his friend, you almost mistake him as a 20-year young adult with his goatee and all. That might be him. You thought as you walk towards him while his friends leave him behind to go elsewhere.

"Excuse me, are you Asahi-san?" The male before you are a bit shocked, since not many female talks to him before since his rumor is top-tier in the school so the girls are often scared of him. He can't help but be intimidated by your dominant everything from your pose to your voice is everything he always wanted to be, since he is more of a sweetheart than a gangster.

So many tell him to man up a bit instead of cowering behind them, but he couldn't he was born to be a kind-hearted person. "Y-yes." Now you were quite reliving that you find the right guy, you weren't you will be embarrassed in front of someone who is older than you.

"Please join back to our volleyball club."

"Sorry, but I have to pass."

"Why would you quit when the others are still fighting the same dream? If you feel sorry for them because of your own lack of capability, you should take responsibility for it and makeup of what you lack yourself instead of quitting like a coward. The others are moving out while you're dwelling in the past, don't you think you're a bit selfish?"

"A team is a group of people who united together and faced everything together, and everyone is responsible for the failure they face. So don't blame yourself so much, since there are people waiting for you to come back."