18:Accidentally cheering up.

o(≧口≦)o

~

Karasuno's volleyball ball team arrived in Aoba Johsai by bus, you didn't notice Hinata throw up on the bus because you were too busy listening to music with your phone and thinking up a plan to break Iwaizumi down. 

Luckily you bring ginger tea for Hinata to drink since you knew he will be on the edge when he is put on a spot where all attention is on him. At first, he refuses to drink cause it was not his cup of tea and it got a spike smell, but when you said it helps him be in his best condition and it will help him gain height, hearing this he immediately chugs down the tea but it causes him to cough.

At a certain time, a lie must be said to help those in need, so Santa Clause wouldn't put you on the naughty list for that. On the other hand, Tanaka, being the best senpai there is, didn't blame Hinata instead of asking him if he is alright. But he then unintentionally pressure him and cause him to have a stomach ache.

You who afraid that he will get lost before the match even started, follows him. But soon regret because you didn't hear Tsukishima roasts Aoba Johsai's team member in a sadistic way.

..

We have the promised Aoba Johsai practice match at their third gym, it wasn't a surprise at all since their school excels in sports so have many gyms is a must. Hinata was scared at how large the gym was and how many players are in there tossing and spiking as practice.

Your team seems like the odd one in this massive gym, their players might think you guys are rookie and like a deer caught in a headlight, they wear mint green while you wear black, it's easy to spot on and it makes you felt uneasy. 

But you remember you were here to represent your school in a match, so throw out those uneasy feeling and focus on winning the match and rub it on Iwaizumi's face. You scan around the gym but can't find that derpy face of Oikawa, he wears Aoba Johsai's mint green jacket and has a good relationship with Iwaizumi so you assume he is here.

Furthermore, he was recommended by the one and only Kageyama so he must be a great server and has an important role in the starting team. Except you couldn't find him anywhere, you thought you could have a match with him and learn from his serve, I guess this was just one of your unlucky days.

Your eyes were lock-on a single man who is practicing with his underclassmen, he spikes so furiously just as you remember when you watch him play during middle school. The feeling of the rush when you have seen him play has lessened because you believe you and him are on the same level.

You always think he was getting further and further away when you try getting towards him in both feelings and volleyball level. You slightly grip on your sports bag's handle, angry at your younger self for feeling for him this way, how foolish. 

"Yo, the captain commands us to warm up. Keep up, airhead." Tsukishima's harsh voice snaps you out of thinking, he is right you should keep your head up and forget all of your terrible past with him, prove to him that you are worthy to play volleyball just as he does. 

You put a hand on his arms and gave him a smile while mouthing thank you, for unintentionally cheer you up before joining the others in warming up. He gave you a weird look when you pass by him, why are you so happy and grateful because a person calls you an airhead he thought. 

It was supposed to be an insult but it suddenly turns into a compliment, he can't explain why are you feeling this way just like how scientists couldn't explain what is on the other side of the black hole. All he could figure out is you're a weird one, even though your face has been wrap by god with looks like a genius face.

..

When Hinata came back from the bathroom, he looks even worse than before. Although you wanted to cheer him up, cheering him up will also give him pressure so you decided to keep quiet. Another example of why you shouldn't cheer him up is when Kiyoko touches his shoulder and said good luck, he got heated up and malfunction.

At the start of the match, Aoba Johsai's team member couldn't believe a girl, you were in a boys team. "Why is a girl on the team tho? Shigeru, you never said that there will be a cute girl on the team!" The male with a hair shape with a turnip yelled at the light brown hair while pointing at him.

Cute? You curiously tilted your head to the side, why would he said that out loud in front of the girl though you thought. Iwaizumi hits his head and tells him to shut up, which makes the turnip head surprise. 

Actually, you were a bit glad about your position as a Libero, you don't have to serve and make a fool of yourself in front of Iwaizumi. The match starts off with a disaster, Hinata went to receive the ball instead of Daichi who was going to perform the perfect receive causing the ball to flew to the other side. 

Luckily you were quick to respond, so you receive the ball before it reaches the ground. It's not a bother to you, since Daichi compliment you afterward. The disaster continues to happen, Hinata was too focus on the ball to even watch his surroundings causing him to collide with other members and knock over the volleyball referees out of his post.

Even Kageyama wanted to punch him in the face.

Not good.

You glance over the point board, your team's point is too far from the opponent's team. You faced to the front to sees Iwaizumi's smug face on the other net, you hated it, you declare war yet you were the one losing. 

You wanted to request a switch position with Hinata, but this match isn't battling with each other but with another school so request like that is often denied. To make things worse, it's Hinata's turn to serve and you can imagine how it goes.

This is going to be long.