26:Internal turmoil.

(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

~

Although you did well on the movement of the jump serve, still, the move that Oikawa taught you wasn't perfect as you just practice the move not long ago so your face plops to the ground before your arm was able to respond but at least, the ball manages to pass the net yet not as impactful as his. You were extremely embarrassed by your failed act so you stay on the ground not moving, it hurt your face but at least your pride hasn't been hurt yet.

Tsukishima laughs loudly like the mean girl he is while the rest of the teammates help you up and ask if you're okay. However, for Kageyama, he was standing there dumbfounded as he thought why would his former upperclassmen teach you instead of him who has been following Oikawa all around.

Ukai has been laughing his ass off since he has been friends with you when you were little, so it's normal to laugh at a friend's misfortune. You unwillingly stand up yet had your head face down to avoid their looks, Daichi being the dad of the team just claps and said continue.

You know that he did that just to make you feel better and avert all the attention from you, you were a bit happy that he did that. 

..

Nothing was interesting for you to noted as the match goes by except for Sugawara did a quick set but that's the basis of the basic to being a setter so it doesn't surprise you but Hinata sure did. Daichi also boasts about his friend's talent with a big smile on his face, maybe he was happy that underclassmen finally know what's his friend's worth.

Asahi seems more fired up after the talk between him and Nishinoya, but you didn't care since the match was about to continue. As Daichi starts to serve to the other side, Asahi began to aim and jump to have a spike. The others in the front notice and ready themselves to block the spike.

Your eyes widen with surprise as Kageyama managed to block the spike yet was fell backward by the impact, you never knew that soft marshmallow boy who couldn't stand up for himself could be so fierce in volleyball.

However, the ball still bounces back to their area by the impact making Asahi unable to react to save the ball. Lucky for them, they have a skilled libero player by their side to receive the ball up from the ground. With a hoarse voice, he encourages his ace to call another shot on the ball again.

Even when he messes this up, Nishinoya will be there to keep the ball up so he could try it yet again without worrying. Now you have a problem to face, either you receive the ball and try to get another point for your team or you gave this up and wait for another chance so he could build his confidence up.

This match is just temporary but the two teammates are more important in the future. What to do, what to think?

You look towards the direction of your captain, his eyes are overwhelmed with the emotion of hope. I see. The answer is made up in your mind with some unsatisfied voices in your head, although your thirst for winning is strong however the faces of anticipation of your teammates manage to suppress the desire.

If I choose the other way, would you support me? Maybe not.

The ball smashed the ground with high velocity making a loud smack sound transfer all around the gym. Everyone's faces hold glad and excitement except yours which hold conflict, aren't you going to soft on these guys? You know your fears of trusting someone yet the wall you built over the years are slipping by some over-passionate club.

The bickering sounds between Kageyama and Hinata, the compliments were thrown in Asahi's way, fade to the background became muffled voices yet not going unnoticed. Your mind wanders elsewhere, thinking about everything that has been happening to you. 

Haven't you going to lax? Always looks at other's expression before acting, caring about the others before your own. You remember when you were in pre-high school, you didn't care about anything other than your own. 

You would always punish those who disobey the rules, no matter how sad or heart-breaking their story was. They were in the wrong and you were in right, make you have a nasty nickname behind your back, you are numb to those backtalking anyway, too busy to care. 

You were always alone until the sunshine came up and trying to fill your empty world with the little light he had. Yes, it was him who causes you to be like this when you don't want to. After much interaction with him, you have been treating people around with kindness without you noticing.

At first, he approaches you became he heard about the rumor that you were good at volleyball. Although you reject to teaches him, however, he wasn't that easy to give up so he follows you anywhere until you agree to teach him with one condition, stop following you.

However, through the training, you get to know him and suddenly become his friend. "Hey. Stop spacing out." Someone said as they knock your head, you were snap back to reality as you felt the sudden touch of someone. It was the infamous salty master himself - Tsukishima, maybe you should ask for his advice about it since he has master the arts of being a dick. 

"Hey, how you do that? Ignore what everyone said and turn it into something to poke fun of somebody, I mean." You said while your head raises up a little to look him in the eye, his brows arch up a little by your serious expression.

"Heh, as if I would wanna teach you." He said with a smirk as he pushes you to the side, you glare at him as he ready in position. You sigh at yourself as if that blonde would help you in any way he can, you just have to deal it with yourself. 

A soft yet slender finger covers your ear making the sounds around you became muffle. "Stop listening to them." And he proceeds to squish your face with much force.

"God damn it!"