19: Stress ball and tying hair.

〒▽〒

~

As you were getting ready for your position, you were feeling worried so glance over Hinata not because you were worrying about him no, you were afraid he would mess up. He was startled by the whistle causing him to throw the ball up unintentionally and hit it.

You sigh as you look forward and from the corner of your eyes, you could see the ball hit on the head of the one person you shouldn't mess with if you are messing up the match. That's Kageyama as the ball was in contact with his head, everything was in slow motion.

No one dares to move or speak in their position, Kageyama turns his head around and glares at Hinata with the most pissed look on his face. You know how he is feeling as the opponent team just won a set, you stood up straight and rub your neck with your hand to give yourself a massage, if you don't you really need to release this anger by punching someone.

As the others laughing at Kageyama getting his head hit by a ball, Daichi who looks worried about you as you have a complex facial expression on your face came beside you and ask if you're alright since he is the team captain after all.

You caught him off guard as you suddenly hold his hand, he was feeling tense and his face was burning in red by a girl's touch. "I- You-" That's all he could startle out as he is trying to ask what are you doing. "Sorry, but let me do this for a while. I have anger management before if you don't let me do this, I might have to punch someone." 

You said as you try to do some stress relief exercise that your psychiatrist taught you, you squeeze his hand plus let it go and repeat it, again and again, like how you do with a stress ball. He knew you are in a difficult time so he let you hold his hand and slowly tell you to breathe in and breathe out.

When you felt calm after relieving your anger, you release his hand and said thank you before lining up to begin the second set. He never would have thought that a calm person like you have gone through anger management, but he is glad to help you out and went through anger management if you haven't you might cause havoc in the team.

..

During the match, some interesting events happen. Kageyama apologizes, getting surprised Pikachu faces from his former teammate, you saw how the onion head tries to discourage Hinata when he misses the spike so you try to kindly tell him fuck off.

"Stop being so pitty." You said while side glaring at him before turning your head to the other side. "Cool..." That is what he said as he stares at the back of your figure. As the match continues to happen, Kageyama sometimes takes Hinata as a decoy or a spiker. 

So, every time he became a decoy he gets embarrassed because he thought he was going to hit the ball. "Decoy is just like an actor or an actress if the actor doesn't think he was doing it, the audience won't buy it." You said using an actor as a metaphor but in Hinata's translation, it's another meaning.

"So, are you saying I'm an actor?" He said as his eyes brighten up, his wish other than being a great volleyball player is being on the television for once. "More or less." You shrug, not really want to explain to him if you do, it's going to be a long time. "Awesome! Then where is the camera?" He said while looking around the gym to search for the camera.

You sigh, feeling regret for telling that but hey, that at least boosts his confidence. The match continues successfully with Hinata-Kageyama's quick are on a roll and most importantly everyone works as a team.

During the second set's rest, your hair's rubber band was snap causing your hair to come down to its original state. Everyone was shocked at your sudden hair fall since your hair was always in a high ponytail whether in practice or school. 

Tanaka yells in excitement as your fallen hair complement your beauty, even more, you were startled by his sudden action so you hid behind the person behind you - Tsukishima but being the dick he is, he moves to the side making you expose to Tanaka again.

You always prefer your hair to be in a ponytail is because you have more self-confidence in that state, you were shyer and timid with your hair down since something is not in your view and it brings bad memories about it. "Tanaka!" Daichi said as he pushes his head down trying to make him quieter.

Tanaka kneels before you and raises his hands towards you with his eyes filled with joy "Please let your hair down from now on, I beg of you!" He said but you take a few steps back as you crept out by his action. Luckily, Kiyoko was in your rescue you stood in front of you and slap Tanaka's hand with her files.

"Oh, Kiyoko-san hit my hand!" His expression turns into happiness and his attention was turned to his hand, his hand trembles while the other hand tries to stabilize the hand that got hit. "Do you want me to tie your hair for you?" Sugawara asked in kindness never would have thought that you would say yes.

You sit on the bench while Sugawara stood behind you with his hand touching your hair, it felt nice and his hand is quite skilled. You asked how he learns to tie someone's hair without having long hair himself. He chuckles at your question but answers anyway "I tied my cousin's hair whenever they come over." 

Your hair was tied in a simple braid when he was done, you compliment his hairstyling skill before began the third set. Sugawara chuckles at your compliment after said good luck at the third set, he tied your hair into a braid because he wanted you to have a different hairstyle other than a ponytail and it looks great on you.

During the rest of the second set, Tsukishima and Kageyama continue to argue which makes Daichi very angry and yell at them very loudly. Hinata who was smirking at Kageyama and Tsukishima has gotten scolds by Daichi, got caught via Kageyama. And that also got Daichi yells at Kageyama again.

The second set was won by your team and the last set of the game determines which team will be the winner of this practice match will soon be begun. Before the third set, there was rest but someone decided to ruin this peace and quiet with his presence. It was freaking Oikawa and his fangirls in the gym began to scream.

"Yohoo~ [Name]-chan." He yells your name causing your team's attention was all on you while you didn't dare to look them in the eye and stare at the floor.

That idiot!