10: I'm a girl, so what? Don't underestimate me!

~( TロT)σ

~

"E-eh?!" The gym was full of shock and scream, they were surprised by your sudden confession. "I-I-I" The captain's face was full of red by embarrassment, this was the first time in his entire life, a girl other than his mother call him handsome.

"I-I think the captain needs some time to cool off," Sugawara said as he pushes the captain out of the gym, so he could process your words down and continue his day. "Did I do something wrong?" You faced the others, who still have shock expression written in his face.

"No, no. You did nothing wrong, you were too forward and unexpected." Ennoshita, a senpai who is the same age as Tanaka, waves his hand to ensure your doubt. "Oh." That's what you just said before continue your stretching.

"Man, I can't deny. I like your style, [Name]. If only Kiyoko-san was as straightforward as you and said that I was handsome." Tanaka huffs out his chest as he imagines he was in Daichi's place and you became Kiyoko.

"Don't fool yourself, Tanaka. Kiyoko-san won't say that to anyone especially you." The second-year all cackle at their inside joke. Tanaka proceeds to argue with them while you and Hinata continue your stretching.

"Oh, [Name]-chan! You haven't told me why you came here yet." Hinata tries to use his finger to touch his toes but then jumps in realization. "Ah, don't tell me! You're going to cheer for me, aren't you? Thank you, [Name]-chan!" He jumps up from his stretching form and moves to hug you from behind.

"Huh? That's not it." The happy world within Hinata has smashed into pieces by your hand. He pouts and sulks far away from you, whining: "Then, you're cheering for him, aren't you? I thought we were friends!" The corner of his eyes was threatening for tears to fall as he angrily points to Kageyama, who was confused about how he gets involved in the fight.

You huff out in annoyance as you lightly punch him in the head, which makes him sulk, even more, he hated how he was shorter than you. "I'm not going to cheer for anyone. I'm here to play volleyball with you." Hinata's eyes light up almost instantly, as he shook your body with all he got.

"Really?!"

"Yes. Please stop shaking me."

..

"Alright. Let's get started." The captain, Daichi yelled out to get all the people in the gym's attention. His face is less red than before, but will lightly appear red when he and you make eye contact, you glad that he was able to calm himself and do what he usually does.

"I'll be on Tsukishima's team." You pout your lips, you wanted the captain to be on your team so you can cooperate with him even more. This sucks. "Oh, and [Last Name]. You're in Hinata's team. Don't worry being an odd one, I will add Ennoshita in my team." You nod, you were grateful that Daichi got to take account of your feeling.

"Yay!" Hinata cheers as he gave you a high-five which you gladly return, you always wonder how could Hinata be so cheerful all the time, maybe there is a switch? "Are you able to play on a boy's net, though? I mean, you are used to the girl's net, right?" Kageyama was concern about you, more like worried you would drag down the team.

"You think, I'm gonna drag you down? Don't worry, my previous team play on a boy's net when we practice volleyball. And besides, I will leave the spiking to Shoyo and Tanaka-san." You cross your arm feeling a little bit proud of your past decision.

"I will handle the diving. I'm a specialist, after all. So, being a temporary libero isn't hard for me." Ah, yes. Being a specialist, meaning you need to specialize in everything position in volleyball. If one of your teammates are down, you can instantly take their place.

You become a specialist just because you wanted to test out each position and which position suit you the best. And before you know it, you learn all the rules of each position and skillfully learn all the moves making you a classified specialist.

But you stick with your preferred position - Wing Spiker for the most time and only pull out your specialist card if necessary.

Hinata's eyes sparkle with admiration and feeling a little bit proud of calling you his friend, while Kageyama was impressed by you, he always wanted to be a specialist but he got no time to train other position since he needed to polish his setter skill to overcome a certain someone.

"You see now, Bakayama. You could never doubt [Name]-chan." Hinata proudly said to Kageyama while putting his hands on his waist. Kageyama was irritated by the fact that Hinata rubbing other's achievements to his face. "Shut up, you boke." He punches Hinata on his head with his fist, by the looks of it, it's quite painful.

Hinata sulks were about to scold him, but he was too late as Kageyama was talking to you. "Why you-" "Then, can you become a wing spiker, instead? Sorry for doubting your skills." Kageyama reluctantly bows his head because he was unsure if he could toss to Hinata but something is for sure you are better in spiking than Hinata.

"Hey! Don't-" "Okay. But on one condition, you need to toss to Hinata as well." You smirk thinking that he would reject and throwing a tantrum in from of you. "Deal," Kageyama said making you startled by his answer, he smiles while looking at your unexpected face.

He doesn't know why but his heartfelt a little bit happy to see your face appear other expressions other than sad and bored. He steps away from you, leaving you to question why he would agree without a second thought.

I thought they hated each other.

"Don't ignore me!!"