Assassination Time

We all sit silently in our classroom, awaiting the arrival of our abnormal teacher. We then hear a whooshing sound from outside that's followed by the sound of his tentacles squishing against the floor as he approaches the door. Then he appears in front of us and sets down a book.

"All right people, let's get started shall we? Class monitor, if you have would do the honors?" The yellow creature says, directing it at my blue haired classmate, Nagisa.

"Right!" Nagisa says as we all stand up and getting into position. "Ready? Aim. Fire!" Nagisa shouts as we all start rapidly shooting at our teacher. Normally, I would try to aim, but it is pretty much pointless right now with him moving so quickly. I have had prior experience with guns, so I know how to use them pretty well. I also happened to have a good aim, too. As I had expected, our Octo-teacher dodges every attack we send his way.

"Oh! Oh my, well why don't I just call roll while you children wear yourselves out." He says before proceeding to just that. "Isogai."

"Here." Isogai says.

"What's that? I'm afraid I couldn't make it out over all the gunfire." The yellow creature taunts.

"Here!" Isogai says louder. The octopus then calls for Okajima, Okuda, Kataoka, Kayano, Kanzaki, and eventually everyone. After he finishes roll call, we all look down while panting heavily. Everyone seems disappointed. I figured this approach wouldn't work from the beginning. It's not like they'd listen if I said anything about it. though, because what's the word of one person that doesn't even talk to the others worth in opposition to 26 other individuals.

"Excellent! All present accounted for, no tardies, congratulations!" Our teacher cheers as we continue to catch our breath.

"He's fast." Nakamura comments.

"The whole class open fired and he doesn't even have a scratch." Isogai complains.

"No luck today either, ay? That's really too bad. Tactics that rely on sheer numbers neglect individual focus. Be it line of sight, barrel position, or finger movement. Each of you was far too easy to read. You need to be more inventive! Otherwise, you'll never be able to kill me. I can speed up to Mach 20, you know?" The thing says cockily.

"Right, Mach 20. There's no freaking way that you dodged that hail of bullets!" Maehara says grumpily.

"He's got a point, they're just BBs. For all we know, you just stood there and took em' like a champ." Sugino adds to Maehara's comment. My classmates start mumbling to each other on the matter and our teacher sighs.

"Collect the ammunition and bring it here. As was explained, these are anti-me BBs. Harmless to you but..." He says as he lifts up tentacle and shoots it, destroy it in the process before continuing to speak. "Able to split my cells like a knife through warm tofu." A collective gasp arises from most of the students as we stare wide-eyed at the yellow form in front of us.

"Developed by your government for that exact purpose. Of course, after a few seconds, I can regenerate. Good as new!" He says as his tentacle grows back. "A luxury you won't have if you accidentally shoot your eye out. From now on, no discharging guns in the classroom. Safety first!" He says as green stripes start to form on his face, his beady eyes slightly narrowing. "And good luck killing me before graduation. You're going to need it. Firearms and government issue anti-me BBs away now, please. It's time to get to work." His face fades back to normal and we then get ready for the day. A bit later, our teacher finishes writing on the chalkboard at the front of the class before turning towards us.

"Okay, here's a puzzler for you." He pauses for a second to decide who he is going to call on. "Isogai!"

"Uh, sir?" Isogai responds.