Closing Time: First Semester

A/n
Happy Valentines Day, and thank you for 500+ reads! It's on the shorter side, but I hope you enjoy today's chapter :)

Our exams had just started and I was looking at my paper. These look tough, but I can still do them. I prepared, Karma though... I'm not so sure he will do so well. I jumped right into the problems. English, check. I understood everything perfectly. The math portion was pretty easy for me too, a few things made me struggle a bit but I think I got it in the end.  Japanese, social studies and science however, messed with me a bit. In the end I understood pretty much everything. I probably missed a few points on them but overall I think I did pretty good.

The two days of endless battles were tough, but I made it through. I also learned about a deal Isogai and the others that went to the library made with the big 5, and knowing Asano, we're going to be screwed if we lose. The day after exams, we sat in the classroom, waiting to see our scores. Korosensei pulled out the result folders and straightened them. I feel a bit sick from the nervousness swirling in my stomach.

"Alrighty class. This is it. The tests scores are in." Korosensei paused and we all looked at him in anticipation before he started to open one of the folders. "Without further ado, the English portion." Korosensei pulled out the paper. "First in E class... Oho. First in the entire grade, a tie between Rio Nakamura and (Y/n) (L/n)!" Korosensei announces as everyone's jaws drop. Me and Nakamura tied? That's amazing! We got our official scores back and it turns out we both got 100's. The class cheered.

"That's right!" Nakamura exclaims before me and her both walk up to Korosensei.

"Great job my dears. I am pleased that your enthusiasm were unfounded." Korosensei congratulates as we collect our papers. Nakamura turns towards me and holds up her hand and I high five her.

"Hey, nothing comes between this girl and the promise of cash. There is the little matter of your tentacle, right. You haven't forgot?" Nakamura presses.

"Perish the thought." Korosensei says before passing back the rest of the classes English results. "Nagisa, good show overall, but it seems we still have an eency weency issue with your spelling. Something to work on. In be meantime, as agreed, top marks in a given section equal two tentacles down so far, so let's look at the grades to see if I loose more." Korosensei says, putting markers on two of his tentacles for me and Nakamura. "Now, next is Japanese. First in E class... Yukiko Kanzaki! But I'm afraid the honor of first in the entire grade went to A class's Gakushu Asano. Still, you gave the principals son a run for his money." Korosensei says before passing back our Japanese results. I got a 95, or 3rd place.

"The guys a know-it-all. A total asshole." Maehara complains.

"No kidding right? Nakamura and (Y/n) only beat him in English by the skin of their teeth." Mimura adds.

"Classic class A personality. Guess that's the reason why he's ranked nationally." Isogai comments.

"All of the big 5 jerks are ranked nationally." Okajima pipes up.

"Asano's king of the hill though. Nobody gets to the top without going through him first." Maehara says.

"Moving on to the next subject." Korosensei interrupts their conversation. "In social studies, first in E class goes to Yuma Isogai! As for first in the grade, da da da da you beat out Asano for the top spot!" Korosensei announces and we all cheer for Isogai who jumps up in celebration. "Excellent job! Especially considering the fiendish questions they cast at you." Korosensei says. I had gotten a 96, or second place, also beating Asano.

"Right now we're ahead, two to one." Fuwa, who was keeping score, announces

"Who got it for science?" Sugaya asks.