Final Boss Time

A/n

Wow thank you for 21k+ reads and 800+ votes! I can tell you for a fact that I will cry when writing the next chapter. Well, here's today's chapter :)

"Listen to me class..." Korosensei says shakily as the dust settles around us. "There's something I neglected to mention in my earlier lesson. A clever assassin may avoid confrontation for a while, but sooner or later the fight will come. And when it does, every last ounce of strength will be put to the rest. In my case... that would be now." Korosensei growls in determination, standing back up in defiance of his enemies. Our enemies. He's not the only one against him now. The Reaper lets out a howl of frustration before launching himself at Korosensei, the octopus following close behind. They collide briefly before flying apart and knocking into other objects, dust rising up in their wake.

"Korosensei!" Nagisa calls as we shield our eyes from the dust. Then, after a moment, Korosensei and the Reaper spring back into action, rocketing towards each other once again. The pair throw continuous blows at each other, gusts of wind blowing in every direction. I squint my eyes and lower my center of gravity to stay on my feet. This isn't looking very good. Booms echo through the schoolyard as tentacles slam into the ground. Even if I can't make out every move, there's no doubt that with the two of them ganging up on him, Korosensei is losing.

"Korosensei!" Nagisa calls out again as Korosensei is tossed around.

"Sufficiently hopeless yet, guinea pig?" Yanagisawa asks mockingly, throwing blades at our teacher. "A little math here though. Square the inverse of your tentacles and solve for genius. Factored by the power of hatred, and you get superiority!" He says as Korosensei is shoved back into the dirt. Korosensei struggles to move on the ground, grunting in pain. The Reaper throws him up once more, battering him with repeating hits from his jet black tentacles. This isn't even a fight anymore, just a beating. And what's worse, none of us can do anything about it. Everything we've done up to this point will have been for nothing. We all stare at the scene in front of us, unable to look away and hardly able to move. Despite this, Karma somehow manages to loosely lace our fingers together as we watch Korosensei plummet into some more trees. He gets back up, and the unimaginable happens. He's fighting back. He's actually able to block the Reaper. But how?

"He's dodging them. Am I seeing things?" Takebayashi asks, adjusting his glasses while Yanagisawa makes his move.

"Let's see you deflect this!" He shouts, jumping up into the air, his mechanical eye glowing with one of the rays proven to weaken Korosensei. Korosensei, struggling to dodge, doubles back before the Reaper is back on him, Korosensei using unusual tactics to dodge.

"You're kidding me." Fuwa murmurs.

"Korosensei's using a base of lives within minimal energy. Throwing handfuls of soil to block the light. That closes the gap between them significantly. He's analyzing and adjusting for his own weaknesses mid-battle. I'm not surprised. That's our Korosensei." Ritsu reports.

"You May chalk this one down to experience." Korosensei mutters as him and the Reaper spring away from each other, landing on the ground and staring each other down before Yanagisawa appears at the Reaper's side. "I am the teacher, you are the student. I take full responsibility for your lapse, but first... Yanagisawa, I'd like you to leave. This is a place of learning, not a war zone. You have no business being here!" Korosensei says, sounding furious while said man just sighs while lookin down.

"You just won't let go of this fantasy of being an educator, will you? Deranged little guinea pig." Yanagisawa drawls before looking back up at Korosensei. "Answer me this, teacher. Why do you suppose we chose this of all moments to launch our final offensive?" Yanagisawa questions with a maniacal laugh before lifting his hand and snapping it. In an instant, the Reaper is behind us, red waves of color flowing over his form. "You will protect them, right? That is what a teacher's meant to do."