Baseball Time

The next day, I arrive at class before most of the other students. However, a few minutes before class is due to start, Nagisa, Sugino, and Korosensei are still missing. They are probably launching another assassination attempt. When they return, Sugino doesn't look very happy. Korosensei pulls out a book, teaching as usual.

"April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead lands..." Korosensei begins reading.
Korosensei continues as I hear Kayano and Nagisa talking about how his and Sugino's attempt didn't work. Not like I couldn't tell from the fact that Korosensei showed up for class this morning. But at least they're trying. So far I have had zero ideas in that department. Sugaya hunches over at his desk, drawing a picture of Korosensei. The octopus notices that the silver haired boy isn't paying attention and surprises him by speeding over and stealing the notebook, giving all of us mini heart attacks in the process.

"Sugaya! Not a bad likeness, I'll give you that. But I'm a little hurt by the jawline." Korosensei critiques.

"You don't have a jaw!" Maehara protests. Later, the lunch bell rings once again.

"That's lunch, people. If you'll excuse me, I have some important off-campus business to attend to." Korosensei announces as he approaches an open window near the front of the room.

"Tofu in China?" Isogai guesses.

"Actually, I'm catching a ball game in the Big Apple. Ciao!" Korosensei says before flying away like usual. A few of the kids yelp a bit from him suddenly bursting out of the window, but I'm kind of used to it by now.

"He sure knows how to make an exit." I hear Yoshida comment.

"I know. That thing is starting to get on my nerves." Terasaka growls.

"Talk about unfair. We're stuck here while he flies all over the world. The least he could do is bring souvenirs." Kurahashi complains.

"Think about what he would probably bring back." Kataoka says in response.

"I'm just saying an exotic snack would be nice. It's not like he has to sneak them through customs." Kurahashi says.

"You've obviously dedicated a lot of thought to this." Kataoka smiles. I actually agree with Kurahashi. What's stopping him from bringing us some international sweets once in a while? Oh, well... Probably having a teacher's salary... Everyone proceeds to talk about what kind of food they would want him to bring back and Okajima says he would want a hot New York girl, Maehara agreeing. Those guys are such a pigs. Especially Okajima. Though that doesnt mean that Maehara's off the hook. He's the definitin of a womanizer. Then Karasuma walks in with another agent following him.

"Oh, Mr.Karasuma!" Isogai says, announcing his presence before we all fall silent.

"Children, any progress on killing the tentacled menace?" Karasuma asks.

"Define progress." Nagisa says a bit dejectedly. Then we all sigh and avoid the black-haired man's gaze.

"Yeah, this is E Class, yo. You've got to lower your expectations." Hazama says while leaning back in her chair.

"All due respect sir, but he's too quick." Isogai says hesitantly.

"Like, so quick you can't even see him sometimes. You said so yourself. He tops out at Mach 20. How do we kill something like that?" Mimura adds.

"I don't know, but you kids had better figure it out." Karasuma sighs. This is too much responsibility for a class of untrained junior high students. Hell, even regular junior high students have enough stress, nowadays.

"Seriously?" Okajima asks in disbelief.

"Seriously. You're the only hope we've got. He teaches willingly, putting himself in the line of fire by choice." Karasuma says as we all sigh again. "If we allow that creature to live, then come March, Earth will be totally annihilated. And, in case you need a reminder of how powerful he is, take a look at what's left of our moon. That'll be our planet in a year. In short, he's too dangerous to take lightly. That's why this classroom is the last stand between man kind and extinction." Yeah, sure. If it's not to be taken lightly then why are you putting a group of inexperienced 14-15 year olds in charge of it?

The next day at lunch, I sit down to eat. Most people are talking with their friends, but I pull out my book as soon as I finish my food. I remember seeing Sugino go outside by himself earlier. I hope he's doing okay, he's been out there for a while. I sneak out of the classroom to use the restroom, stopping to peek out a window. I see Korosensei talking with Sugino while eating a whole coconut, straight from a tree. Well, I've seen weirder things here. I go back to the classroom and proceed to read my book after using the restroom. A minute or so passes and Nagisa leaves the classroom. He's probably going to check on Sugino. I'm pretty sure they're friends. A bit later they all return to class and we move on with our day.

After a while, we head outside. Sugino seems to be practicing his pitch, Nagisa helping him. Well he certainly seems more cheery than earlier.

Then I see a few of my classmates head into the woods where Korosensei had gone to eat his lunch, probably for an assassination attempt. Kataoka invited me earlier, but I declined because I'm pretty sure it was just a courtesy thing. Especially with her being a class rep, and all. Instead, I decided to stay by our flower beds with my book. Suddenly I feel a whoosh by me and the tulips in the bed I'm sitting next to are gone. Then Fuwa, Okano, and Kataoka appear with Korosensei, lecturing him on how to properly plant tulips.

"Don't plant them at Mach 20!" Fuwa scolds.

"Tulips require a delicate touch!" Kataoka says in a dignified tone.

"Delicate, got it!" Korosensei says in a panic. Maehara and Isogai watch from a distance as our teacher freaks out, planting a bunch of tulip bulbs. I look over to see Nagisa writing in his little notebook, Kayano hovering over his shoulder to observe. If I recall correctly, his notes are on Korosensei's weaknesses. I hope that means he found something that can help us. Even after fixing the tulips, Korosensei still felt bad so he let us tie him up and hit him like a piñata. I don't even attempt to because I know we are too short to be able to reach him without some sort of extension or jumping, which I'm not too keen on doing in a skirt, so I decide to read more, occasionally shooting a BB at him when no one is in my line of fire. This is quite amusing to watch. After a bit, I notice that Karasuma had shown up. Kayano approaches him, seeming to be explaining the situation. Karasuma mentions that he is now employed to be out P.E. teacher. Hopefully that means we'll have a better chance at assassinating Korosensei.

"Just a few more minutes of this and all is forgiven, right? You're a very lucky class, I'll have you know. Not many teachers put themselves in this position!" Korosensei says. Not many teachers blew up the moon, either. Eventually, my focus is completely on the ridiculous scene before me, so I place my bookmark in between the pages and shut my book. Korosensei then starts to laugh at us, his movement and weight combined breaking the branch he's tied up on, causing him to crash to the ground. Everyone pauses for a second before resuming their attacks. I simply smile at their behavior and hang back like always. After a while, a string of "Oh crap"s from Korosensei, and the untangling some ropes, the yellow blob escapes to the roof of the E Class building.

"Hey! Get back down here!" Kimura shouts.

"Haha! Can't jump this high, children? Wait, of course not! Hahahahaha!" Korosensei mocks us before laughing like an insane person.

"Aw man! We were so close!" Kimura groans.

"Hahahaha, ha, ha. Guess who earned themselves extra homework?" Korosensei asked evilly, causing everyone to groan as he starts laughing maniacally again, flying off somewhere and making some of my classmates question where that might be. They then start celebrating because it is the closest they've ever gotten before. I don't understand how they are so positive, but I'm happy for them, and I guess I can keep trying to contribute. A little at least. Karasuma looks at us, and I notice a faint smile on his normally serious face. I hope we can get even better with his training so that we aren't all flailing weapons around aimlessly.