Past Time

A/n
Hello! This chapter is a bit on the shorter side and maybe a little cringy, but this episode was mainly Korosensei's backstory so I had to add something in. Also, thanks for 11.5k+ reads and 425+ votes! Here's today's chapter :)

His story continued on. Details, such as Ms.Yukimura's laughable shirts and the relationship between her and Yanagisawa. There was also the part where Ms.Yukimura dubbed March 13th his birthday because it was the anniversary of when they met. How the events of his first birthday were less than desirable. The true story of the Moon's explosion was revealed. However, that was just the beginning.

After that, they decided to kill Korosensei after the lab rat they had experimented on destroyed the Moon. Auguri, having overheard, had immediately reported back to Korosensei who brushed off her concerns and decided to break out. This triggered a panic across the lab and they went after Korosensei. He wasn't even fully human at that point. He even told how he was the one to leave the scar over Yanagisawa's eye when he shattered a glass screen to escape. His monstrous actions destroyed the lab. Aguri found him before he left and pleaded for him to stay, but a stray trap set for Korosensei was activated and a spear was sent through her body, ultimately killing her. He ended his story with his promise to her and his wishes. That he would teach for her and never turn his back on his students, that he would be flawed, that he would be a guide.
By the end, my eyes had subconsciously gotten teary. I quickly wipe them away. I shouldn't be crying right now. Maybe later though...

"That's my story, boys and girls. The person who taught me how to be a teacher, was none other than Aguri Yukimura. She taught me to truly look at people. To respect everyone as an equal, not to define human beings by their weakness. She was wonderful. Through her, I found my purpose in life. I evaluated my experience, collected all the knowledge I could, and prepared to pick up where she left off. I vowed to use my abilities to the fullest. To pass the gift of personal growth on to you. The question was, how? How best to reach her cherished E class? I wracked my brain day and night, and suddenly, it came to me. An entirely new kind of learning environment. The assassination classroom." Korosensei finishes, Kayano sobbing the whole time while Okuda pulls her into a half hug and the rest of us take it all in.

Despite everything, we couldn't have asked for a better teacher. We've grown so much since he showed up that it wouldn't be fair to judge him. It must have been hard to live with a conscious like that. There's no longer any doubt in my mind why he became our teacher. I begin to think back on my time here, memories flooding through me. When Karma jumped off a cliff, when I was captured with Kayano and Kanzaki, our trip to the island, the festival Korosensei asked us to go to, the whole thing with the reaper, when Karma asked me out, when we helped out at the cram school, the play we put on, placing first on the end of term exams, and now this. Not all of it was good, but none of it would've happened if I hadn't ended up here. I've felt so many emotions and I wouldn't trade it for the world. How can we kill him? How can we possibly kill him after all this? We trudge home with heavy hearts. I walk with Karma back to his house, wishing him farewell before turning away.

"Wait. Can you stay here tonight?" He asks, softly grabbing my wrist.

"I'd like to say yes but I should probably ask my parents first." I say. He nods. After a quick exchange of messages with my mom, it's decided that I'm allowed to stay the night. We go inside and Karma lets me borrow some clothes from his mom. We change before sitting together on his bed.

"Are your parents on another trip?" I ask.

"Yeah. Apparently they're visiting Canada this time." Karma says with a sigh.

"Sounds fun. I'd never been out of the country until that time Korosensei took us to Hawaii." I say.

"Yeah, that was fun. Would've been even more fun if it wasn't so cold. Heart patterned blankets aren't my thing." Karma says with a smirk.

"Really? I thought it suited you." I say, teasing him.

"Ha ha. I think that was the closest we had ever gotten to understanding Korosensei. Before tonight, anyways." Karma muses.

"I don't think we will ever be able to understand him completely. He's so complex and what happened to him, those experiments, they sound so scary. And losing someone like that..." My sentence trails off. Karma stays silent beside me.

"It scares me too." He finally admits. "I never had to think about things like that before." He means me, doesn't he? He cups my cheek and leans his forehead against mine. "Can I?" He asks. I nod slightly, leaning in a bit as well and closing my eyes. I feel his lips press against mine for a few long seconds before we both pull back. He moves his hand from my cheek and instead plays with my hair nervously. I blush but I still smile at him and he smiles back at me. After a few moments, I cover my mouth as a yawn fights it's way out..

"Are you tired? Sorry, we probably should've gone to bed earlier since we stayed out so late with Korosensei." Karma apologizes before also yawning. "Dammit, you made me yawn too." He complains, causing me to laugh. We climb under the covers and he wraps an arm around my waist before we doze off.

In the morning, I wake up with my head resting on Karma's chest, his hand running through my hair. I slowly open my eyes.

"Oh, sorry (Y/n). I didn't mean to wake you up." He says.

"It's okay. I have all of winter break to sleep in if I want to." I mumble sleepily. Now that I think about it, March 13th is also the day we graduate from Kunugigaoka. I'm sure it will be a bittersweet departure, as long as the world doesn't end in a few months.

Over winter break, an ending total of none of us came up with assassination plots. A few of us visited Kayano, but other than that we didn't do much. In January after winter break we all go back to school, not any closer to killing him than before. The difference now is, we don't really want to. I don't want to kill him, but at the same time we haven't been training for nothing.

"Okie dokie class. Third term is upon us. I want everyone to play hard and kill hard." Korosensei says enthusiastically, though none of us move a muscle, not even cracking a smile. Eventually Korosensei leaves the room and trudges off down the hall.

"An assassin can't afford to be reckless. We don't kill out of greed. We don't kill out of desperation. We don't let ourselves become animals." Irina suddenly speaks up from the door way.

"Professor Bitch..." Kurahashi murmurs as we all turn to look at our teacher.

"Our feelings are always the first target. Only when they're cold and buried do we train our sights on the second. That's the cost of doing business and it's high. Take my word for it. Whatever you kids decide, think it through first. Feelings are difficult to kill, but they're a lot harder to resurrect." She advises before turning and walking out of the classroom, closing the door behind her with a soft click. Later, we are all summoned by Nagisa to talk about something 'important'.

"Okay. Ain't really like you to call us all together like this Nagisa. What's the deal?" Terasaka asks.

"There's something I wanted to talk to you about." Nagisa says seriously, standing in the center of the circle my classmates and myself had created.

"We're listening." Fuwa says.

"I'm not even sure it's possible... But instead of killing Korosensei, I think we should try to save him."

A/n

Sorry if Karma is a bit OOC, and if that was kinda cringy. Also, if any of you are wondering I won't be doing any lemons or smut, they are 14-15 in the story, and I have never written anything like that nor do I feel comfortable doing so. Sorry again for the short chapter :)