Summer Festival Time

A/n
Yay, we've finally made it to season 2! I just started watching Fire Force and it's pretty cool so far. Anyways, I hope you enjoy today's chapter :)

Korosensei decided he wanted to make the best of the rest of the time we had here on the island, so at the moment we were all gathered at the hotel as Korosensei explained his idea.

"A test of courage? On our last day here?" Nagisa asks.

"Of course! What better activity for a fine midsummers night?" Korosensei responds.

"Yeah, nice try. You just want to have fun at our expense." Karma says.

"Unlike some, who shall remain nameless, I've been too cooped up in a shell to have any fun at all. We're on a tropical island for crying out loud!" Korosensei complains.

"I think a test of courage sounds like a blast!" Maehara says as he pumps a fist in the air.

"No kidding." Isogai agrees.

"Aww, but I don't like being scared." Kurahashi whines.

"Don't worry. Korosensei will be playing the ghosts, right?" Sugino says.

"Oh yeah." Kurahashi says.

"So it won't be scary." Sugino says, waving his hand as Korosensei laughs evilly. Korosensei then leads us to a cave near the ocean.

"This ocean cavern is the ideal spot. I want everyone to walk through in boy-girl pairs." Korosensei says. Then we get paired up before heading in, a few minute time intervals in between us. I was with Karma, Kayano was with Nagisa, and Hayami was with Chiba, just to name a few. Nagisa and Kayano have gone in and me and Karma were next. We walked a bit into the cave and a little ways in some blue flames flickered around. Korosensei came forward, dressed up in some sort of costume, and a string instrument starts playing eerily as he inches forward.

"Beware... You have entered the cave drenched in blood and tragedy. For here, shrouded in battle, members of the Ruyuki royalty met a most terrible and violent end." Korosensei says in a creepy voice before fading back into the darkness and appearing behind us after a moment. "You would be wise to stay together. Anyone left alone in this cave will be haunted by restless spirits." Korosensei says. We turn around to look at him but he's gone. We shrug and move on. As we continue forward, we hear Korosensei's voice echoing down as he gives the same story to the next couple. We hear a bit of screaming that sounds like Nakamura and Okajima. I'm sorry she got stuck with that pig. As we continue, Karma begins talking.

"Everything that happened last night made me realize something." He says.

"And what would that be?" I ask.

"I'm afraid of not being afraid." He says.

"Afraid of not being afraid?" I repeat.

"Look, when Nagisa faced off with Takaoka, it knocked me on my ass. And not cause he beat him. The way he was during the whole thing. It was like, I don't know... He wasn't the least bit effected. I mean, in a fight I'd win. We all know that. But to an assassin, winning a fight doesn't mean squat. That's when it dawned on me. What scared me most of all was not being afraid." Karma explains before taking a brief pause. "Still though. I won't lose. I'll definitely be the one who ends our teachers life. Take my word for it." Karma says as he looks at me with a smile, his eyes seemingly glowing as they reflect the light from our flashlight.

"Ok. I can't wait to see it." I say with a smile. I can't say I'm sure that he will be the one to end it, but he certainly is more likely to than most.

"Hang on a second." Karma's says and I hum in confusion. Karma points the flashlight forward to reveal a game of Twister. Oh boy. "Wasn't this supposed to be a test of courage? Because it's looking to me like he octopus has something a little different in mind."