Confession Time

A/n

Hello! Thank you for 10.5k+ reads and 375+ votes! Here's today's chapter :)

I stand in the fire-illuminated field beside my classmates, watching as Kayano rockets herself towards our tentacled teacher once more.

"Die! Die! Die! DIE! You hear me? You're going to die!" Kayano screams, jabbing her tentacles repeatedly at Korosensei.

"But... if he does, he won't be the only one." Maehara says softly, looking down at the ground.

"We have to do something guys!" Sugino says desperately. "What, we just stand here while her life's being eaten away like this?"

"I agree, but what can we do?" I ask, gripping the cuffs of my sleeves.

"Children!" Korosensei's face suddenly appears directly in front of us.

"Korosensei?" Nagisa exclaims in surprise.

"Just a face now?" Sugaya asks.

"Sorry, partial clone. I'm afraid Kayano's attacks aren't leaving me a lot of wiggle room. Believe me, it's all I can do to project an after image of this."

"It's kinda cool, actually." Maehara comments.

"Her tentacles must be removed ASAP. They're putting off this infernal heat at tremendous cost to her body. She's so bent on killing me that she's lost all reason. If you don't act quickly, they'll sap her life force and kill the poor girl!" Korosensei explains. "The trouble is, so long as her bloodlust equals that of her tentacles, they'll be rooted into her nervous system, impossible to extract. Talking her down isn't an option as it was with Itona, we simply don't have the time."

"So, what do we do?" Hayami asks quietly as Kayano continues to scream "die!" In the background.

"The only thing we can. I'll have to pull them out as we fight." Korosensei says, making us all gasp. But how? She's flailing around so much that that's got to be nearly impossible. Unless we had some kind of distraction, but she's so focused so there's no guarantee that would even work. "I'll have to let her hurt my most vulnerable spot, the area beneath my tie. My heart. Should she completely destroy it, death is certain. But, if she feels as though she's done me in, her tentacles will be satisfied, for a moment. One of you must exploit that tiny window of opportunity to make Kayano forget her bloodlust."

"Forget it? How?" Hazama asks.

"By any means necessary. Whatever it takes to get her mind off assassination. Alas, it's the only thing I can't do. If her intended target were to do anything funny, her bloodlust would only intensify. Quell it however, and the tentacles bond will temporarily break. Their grip on Kayano's nervous system will be loosened just enough to make extraction possible without major damage." Korosensei explains as he dodges Kayano's attacks.

"Yeah but she'd, I mean, the tentacles would be on your heart the whole time, right? Wouldn't you die before we could get them off of her?" Kimura asks, drawing our attention. That's a good point, but I'm sure Korosensei would've considered that possibility before suggesting the plan to us.

"I might be able to postpone the moment of death long enough to regenerate, but optimistically, the odds are 50/50." Korosensei answers.

"Then no!" Kataoka cries out.

"Don't despair. The possibility of E class no being able to graduate is far worse than the prospect of my demise." Korosensei says before returning his full attention the the fight, Kayano throwing a strong blow at him. We all ponder his words. It's too early for E class to end, but it's also a known fact that Korosensei would never let one of his students die. We have multiple examples of that.