Karma's Time, 2nd Period

A/n
Thank you so, so much for 1k+ reads! I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying it and I also really appreciate the few comments I've got this far. Here's today's update :)

We were all standing to the side, watching Karma and the blond man face off. Karma makes the first move, running forward and swinging the tree at the man, however the man simply grabs it, holding it in place.

"Nice try kid, but as far as weapons go, huh, I'd have gone with harder." The man says as he grips the tree tighter and breaking the top half off.

"I guess I'll have to do without." Karma says as he drops the remainder of the tree. Then the man goes on the offensive, throwing punch after punch. Karma dodges and blocks them. It kind of looks like how Mr.Karasuma moves when he dodges our knife attacks. There were a few close calls that made me nervous but he was doing well so far. Some of my classmates were murmuring about the fight, in awe of Karma's movements.

"Those are your defensive moves, are they not Mr.Karasuma?" Korosensei asks. I knew they looked familiar. Karasuma didn't answer, but narrowed his eyes. Suddenly, the man froze.

"What's the problem? Evasive maneuvers aren't going to win this, you've got to come in for an attack." He says.

"Oh, you don't say? And what if all I'm really trying to do is keep you occupied? I mean, my buddies are kinda hoping to sneak by so maybe I'm jus being clever." Karma says, nodding back at us and the man tenses slightly. "Aw, relax. I'm pretty underhanded on the best of days, but this is one fight I want to win fair and square." Karma says as he cracks his knuckles. "No tricks, no cheating, no holding out, just you and me. Now, like men." Karma says as he brings his fists up in a fighting position.

"Be my guest, hun. I like the cut of your jib. See, this is what I'm talking about. A real battle to the death, hun." The man says as he sets his stance. Karma launches himself at the man, who dodges and starts blocking all of Karma's advances. However, he leaves his groin open and Karma knees him there, making the man hop on one leg before crouching down and turning away. Karma runs at him to finish him off, but the man lifts a hand up, holding one a canister of gas like the ones that the other guy from earlier had, opening it up in Karma's face. Karma almost immediately falls forward and the man catches him by his hair.

"Say goodnight you little punk." The man says, dropping the empty canister on the ground. "Sorry kid. Your underhanded on the best of days. I'm underhanded, like, every day." The man says.

"You son of a bitch! He wanted to fight you like a man and this is how you respond?" Yoshida shouts, pointing his finger at the man accusingly. I stare at the scene in front of me, my heart pounding in fear. Shit Karma! Wake up!

"Oh come on, this ain't a place for that kid, get over it, huh." The man says as he stands up, holding Karma in the air by his head. "Look, you can't get hung up on ethics. I'm an assassin, this biz don't reward those who play by the rules. Huh, if you've got a canister of gas, use it. If he was all that, he would've done the same." The man says. As soon as he finishes talking, Karma lifts his arm up and sprays a canister of gas directly in the mans face. The man lowers Karma and starts coughing before doubling over. Karma removes a handkerchief from his mouth and smirks.

"Guess great minds think alike. Now, what was it you were saying about me being 'all that'?" Karma asks mockingly and I sigh in relief. What... when did he have the time to do that without anyone noticing? Y'know what, who cares, he isn't hurt and that's the most important thing.

"How did... How did you not.. breath it in? I sp..sprayed you at point blank range... you should be paralyzed.." The man says, struggling to form words. He then pulls out a knife and charges at Karma who sidesteps him before grabbing his arm and pulling it behind his back while partially pinning him to the floor.