Chapter 49 // Hinata

With the biggest smile on his face, Hinata took out his bike. Before leaving for morning volleyball practice, the redhead took out his phone to send Kenma a good morning text. The setter should be waking up around this time. Kenma didn't have to wake up as early as the middle blocker, considering the second-year needed less time to travel to school in comparison to Hinata.

To: Boyfriend Kenma
Subject: Morning
Hi Kenma! Good morning :D
I hope you'll have a good day at school today!!! I miss you ❤️

As much as Hinata wanted to wait for the setter to respond, he had to head out if he wanted to make it to practice on time. Therefore, the middle blocker once again stored his phone in his bag, and not too long after, he took off to school.

It wasn't like Hinata to be late at all, usually, he would have all the time in the world to get ready as he was used to waking up early, and he would be one of the first to show up to practice. Today, however, the redhead felt tired, despite going to bed earlier than he usually would the night prior. The redhead being tired was probably due to the eventful weekend and the trip back. It was like Shoyo had constantly been running on adrenaline before getting on the bus back home, he fell asleep as soon as the bus left Tokyo.

"Oi Hinata!" the redhead had blacked out, he hadn't noticed that he'd already arrived at school and entered the gymnasium, only to be pulled away from his thoughts by Tanaka's voice.

"Hey everyone!" Hinata cheerfully announced his presence to the others that had already arrived in the gymnasium. The first-year had been away for the weekend, while the others were training hard for the Spring Interhigh Qualifiers. The redhead had some catching up to do, and that thought alone made him feel pumped up.

Nishinoya had also taken notice of the middle blocker's appearance, "Hey Hinata! We missed you over the weekend," he addressed the redhead as he energetically ran toward Hinata and Tanaka.

"Ah yes, I'm sorry about that," the redhead replied as he scratched the back of his head. Hinata really was sorry about leaving his team, but at the same time, he didn't regret making the choice to go to Kenma instead.

"As you should be!" the libero smirked, giving the redhead a playful punch against his upper arm. "At least tell us you had fun."

Shoyo nodded shyly, "I- uhm, yeah! I had a great time with Kenma actually."

"Ooooh, Tanaka!" Nishinoya replied with a sly expression covering his face, "Do you see that? I think he's blushing!"

Hinata wasn't sure whether the second-year was just messing with him, but as the teen mentioned blushing, the first-year could feel his face turn beet-red.

"Definitely blushing," the taller second-year agreed.

"Stop teasing me!" Shoyo whined, hoping his face wasn't turning any redder in the process.

Luckily, the redhead was saved by Sugawara, "Come on you two, don't make him uncomfortable," the vice-captain came to the first-year's rescue.

"Right! Sorry," Nishinoya gave in, still snickering. The teen was obviously proud of himself.

"How was your weekend, Hinata?" Sugawara asked the teen, hoping to change the topic of the conversation, the third-year didn't seem to notice that it had been the exact same topic they'd been talking about just now.

Hinata awkwardly smiled, "It was great, thank you for asking."

"I'm glad to hear that," the third-year setter gave the redhead a reassuring smile. "You should probably go change your shoes."

Hinata looked down at his shoes, only to realize that yes, he did in fact still need to change into his volleyball shoes. "Ah yes, of course, I'll be ready in a few," the teen said as he put down his bag against the wall.