Chapter 21 // Kenma

Today the teens had Katsudon for dinner, which is quite a calorie bomb. Before starting, Kenma already knew that he wasn't going to be able to finish the bowl, as it was quite big. 

Since the second-year setter was hanging out with Shoyo right before dinner, the two of them walked to the auditorium together, which ended up in the two of them sitting together as well. 

It wasn't the first time that their alone time got disturbed by the presence of Kuroo, Bokuto, and Akaashi, who cheerfully joined their table. Kenma didn't seem to mind it as much this time, he was able to withstand the other people as long as Shoyo was involved.

"So you guys aren't coming to practice with us later tonight?", Bokuto asked Hinata, just like Kuroo had asked them before. Unlike Kuroo, the owl-like third-year seemed disappointed when the redhead shook his head. Shoyo wasn't able to answer with words as his mouth was still stuffed with rice and chicken.

The redhead probably hadn't eaten anything after breakfast as he had slept through lunch, it wasn't strange that he was hungry by now.

"I think that's quite understandable, considering all that happened today," Akaashi also spoke up, he didn't make eye contact with anyone, instead he looked down at his food and was actively poking around in his dish. The second-year was referring to the dispute between Hinata and Kageyama, which had taken place this morning. 

Kuroo nodded at the second-year's remark. "By the way, I invited Karasuno's glasses again as he left quite early yesterday. Hope you guys are cool with that," Nekoma's captain announced to his friends, who looked up at him, slightly surprised.

"Yu inwited Fukishima?" Shoyo also asked, his mouth still stuffed with food, but not letting that stop him from speaking, unlike he had just now.

The black-haired third-year once again nodded at the teen sitting across from him, "mhm". 

"I'm glad you at least seem to be doing better," Akaashi spoke while eyeing the redhead as he took a bite from his food. 

"Ahh, that's right!" Bokuto also chimed in. "Did you talk to the mad setter?" the third-year asked before he stuffed his mouth with food once again. 

Shoyo looked down at his food and Kenma felt his stomach drop at the sight of the redhead starting to look down once again. "No, we haven't," Hinata finally spoke up. Nobody at the table said something. Even Kenma would have liked to speak up right now to ease the tension, but he didn't know any topics to shift the conversation to either. 

"To be honest, I'm kind of worried about Kageyama," the first-year middle blocker added, he left his Katsudon untouched at this point. "I mean, there must have been a reason he went off at me like that right? I hope he isn't struggling with too much right now". 

Shoyo's words left the others speechless, how was the redhead this forgiving? If someone went off at Kenma like that, he wouldn't have made up any excuses for the other party. What the first-year setter had said and done to Shoyo was unreasonable and wrong. Why was the redhead so worried for the other setter when he should be upset?

"I- I guess," the owl-like third-year replied, he also seemed taken aback by Shoyo's response. "No," Kenma simply said, which earned him some surprised looks. The feline-like second-year setter took another bite of his food before continuing his sentence. "You shouldn't just forgive him for publically embarrassing you like that, I don't care about his reasons," he finished off as he took a sip from his water, waiting for the other people's responses. 

"Kageyama isn't a bad person," the redhead mumbled, he sounded kind of sad, to be honest, it sounded like Shoyo just wanted this whole situation to be over. Normally Kenma would have agreed with that mentality, but what the raven-haired first-year had done to Shoyo, was unacceptable to him. The second-year didn't want Hinata to be the one to make up with Kageyama when the redhead didn't do anything to harm him.