Chapter 36 // Hinata

From: Kenma
Subject: Re:Night!
Sweet dreams, Shoyo :)
Can we call again tomorrow? I think we still need to talk about some things. 

Honestly, not the best message to wake up to. What did Kenma mean with his text? The redhead couldn't help but question the second-year's words. 

What bothered Hinata even more, was the fact that the redhead had sent the setter a heart after his goodnight text, which Kenma hadn't returned. What was this supposed to mean? Was Kenma just not the type to sent hearts via text or did it have something to do with the second part of the text? 

Gwahhh, Hinata let out a heavy sigh as he buried his face in his pillow. Was the redhead overthinking all of this? Well, it wasn't like he could just go ahead and ask Kenma as it was 7:30 am and the second-year always liked to sleep in during his weekends. It had only been a day since the teens last saw each other, but to the first-year, it felt like it had been way longer. Too much had happened ever since the two said goodbye.

Hinata reluctantly swung his legs over the edge of his bed, there was no point for him to stay inside of his room as he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep again anyway. Instead, the first-year grabbed some clean clothes from his closet and headed towards the shower.

When the redhead got to the bathroom he immediately turned the shower on and undressed. The warm water touching Hinata's body felt somewhat refreshing, the first-year had always enjoyed his showers as they calmed him down, and in this case, it also gave the teen some space to think and to process all that had happened so far. 

Hinata already knew he liked Kenma, the redhead liked Kenma so much, he even got out of his comfort zone by taking the initiative to kiss the second-year. Kageyama on the other hand had never been someone who the first-year viewed as a romantic interest. 

Still, having to reject Kageyama sucked so much, the redhead wished there was a way around all of it. 

Just like that, Hinata got lost in his train of thought. The teen spent a lot of time thinking about ways to solve this mess he had created, but it didn't matter how much the first-year reevaluated his current struggle, the teen couldn't come up with anything he could do to solve it without hurting anyone.

Would the internet know the answer to any of this? The redhead asked himself as he turned the water off and started drying his body using a towel. Hinata already knew the answer, the solutions he would find on the internet probably wouldn't match his situation, God, this just sucked. Why wasn't there anyone who could tell him the answer?

Hinata didn't rush to finish his usual morning routine, after eating some breakfast, the first-year checked his phone for the time again. It was 10 am now, had Kenma woken up yet?

To: Kenma
Subject: Call
Yeah sure, let me know when you wake up!

Did that message sound too forceful? Shoyo didn't want to do anything to upset Kenma even more than he probably already had. There wasn't anything he could do to change it anymore though, the impulsive redhead had pressed sent before he decided to take a second to reread the message. 

Luckily for Hinata, his message was returned in just a minute. 

From: Kenma
Subject: Re:Call
I'm awake, want to call now?

The first-year could feel his shoulders tensing up. It was just a call, right? Why was Hinata this nervous? 

The redhead hastily cleaned up after himself by putting his dishes in the dishwasher and went to his room straight after. Hinata would have the privacy to call Kenma there. The first-year sat down on his desk chair as he quickly wrote a response to the setter.