Chapter 43 // Kenma

Still holding onto the first-year's hand and wearing the clothes Shoyo had picked for the teen, Kenma walked in the direction of the restaurant the duo would be dining at. 

Was it extra to take Shoyo out to dinner twice in the span of one day? Probably. 

Was Kenma spending way too much money today? Probably.

Was the second-year going to regret it? Not a chance. It didn't matter if this meant the setter would need more time to save for the had been meaning to save for, the time Kenma was spending with Shoyo was more than worth it. 

"Where are we going, Kenma?" Shoyo asked as he slightly leaned forward. The first-year was now able to make direct eye contact with the setter, who had been lost in his thoughts. 

"Oh," the second-year mumbled as he was shaken back to reality. "You like sushi, right?" Kenma asked as he looked back at Shoyo, their fingers still intertwined in the setter's pocket. In the meantime, the redhead's hands had gotten warmer, but it didn't seem like either of them was intending to let go of the other. 

"Of course I like sushi," Shoyo pouted as if Kenma had just asked a really stupid question. "Who doesn't like sushi? I think everyone likes sushi." 

The second-year softly chuckled at the middle blocker's response. "Right, everyone likes sushi," he agreed with the teen. "Tora's family owns a sushi restaurant, we've been there with the team before, the food is good, and it isn't too expensive either. I like it there."

Shoyo's eyes lit up at Kenma's story, "That sounds amazing! I'm so excited!" the redhead said with a smile plastered onto his face. The teen unintentionally squeezed the second-year's hand in the process, Kenma thought it was cute. 

The two proceeded to walk in silence, it wasn't a bad silence. Kenma was softly smiling to himself as he thought about how lucky he was to be here right now, the teen couldn't help but feel grateful that Shoyo was with him. 

"We're here," Kenma finally declared as the two stood in front of a sushi restaurant. Shoyo happily looked through the door's glass. "That looks awesome," the redhead excitedly expressed as he guided Kenma's hand out of his pocket. "Let's go inside!" Shoyo smiled as he dragged the second-year along with him, Kenma simply followed the younger teen. 

The inside of the restaurant was the same as the second-year had remembered it to be. The place wasn't too big and there were about 15 tables. The tables were nicely set and the lights were dimmed, which brought extra attention to the candles that stood on the tables. 

Shoyo also took a moment to scan the place. Would the redhead see this as a date? The setting was supposed to be quite romantic. Kenma kind of hoped Shoyo saw this as a date. 

"Kenma?" the two teens were approached by a middle-aged woman; Yamamoto's mother. 

"Hello, miss," the second-year replied, the teen had expected a personalized greeting, as Tora's parents had visited quite a few of Nekoma's matches already. They knew who Kenma was. "Do you have any tables for two left?" 

"Of course," the woman smiled as she eyed Shoyo. Even she seemed to be under the impression that the two teens were currently on a date. "Follow me," she spoke as she led the two to a table that was slightly more isolated than the others. How convenient. 

"Is this okay?" she asked, looking at Kenma for approval. 

"Yes," the second-year gave her a little smile. "It's perfect, thank you very much." 

Both teens sat down, the sky had turned dark at this point, meaning that the atmosphere in the restaurant was supposed to be even more romantic than it had been during the day.