Chapter 47 // Kenma

"You're going to fall in love with Kozume Kenma, just like he fell in love with you.", Shoyo read out loud, his voice made it sound like the first-year was smiling as he read it.

Kenma looked at his note in disbelief, his eyes grew wide as he read the text, this couldn't be real...

'You're finally going to ask Shoyo to be your boyfriend.'

.

.

.

"...Shoyo," Kenma opened his mouth but didn't fully know how to respond to the note he'd just read. Oh my God, was this real? Was the second-year supposed to pinch himself to check whether this was reality?

"Yeah?" the first-year responded, Shoyo was still smiling and his eyes seemed hopeful, it was like he was expecting Kenma to say something.

Kenma shot his eyes back at the note, 'You're finally going to ask Shoyo to be your boyfriend,' was this what the first-year was expecting? Ahhh, the setter's face turned red in only a matter of seconds.

"I... fuck" the second-year didn't know what to say. Even if he did, he wasn't able to say anything.

"Is everything okay? Was that too soon? God, Kenma, I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable," the redhead seemed to be panicking now. "Pretend like it never happened, okay? Pretend like I never said anything."

"No, Shoyo, that's not it," the second-year replied as he used his free hand to cover the upper part of his face, covering his eyes.

"Hm?" the redhead seemed confused, he had every right to be but Kenma felt like he could burn up because of the embarrassment he was feeling right now.

Still covering his eyes, the second-year attempted to explain his feelings. "You read the note I wrote to you, right?" Kenma asked, his voice was slightly shaking as he said it.

"Ah- yeah, it was dumb," Shoyo said it so calmly, but Kenma panicked even further. Dumb? Was it really that dumb? Did Shoyo find the note too cheezy, oh lord, the setter felt like he was about to have a panic attack, he regretted ever writing that note for Shoyo, he should have written something that didn't actually convey his feelings. Kenma wished he could disappear, he wished for this moment to be over.

"W-what? What do you mean it was dumb? Did I say something wrong?" the second-year asked. He did another attempt to keep his voice steady and removed his hand from his face, his eyes were starting to tear up. Shit, Kenma wanted to make it stop.

"Oh, God no, Kenma," as the first-year noticed how badly the setter was panicking he seemed to panic even further as well, his eyes growing wider in shock as he tried to explain himself. "It's dumb because I'm clearly already super-duper in love with you," the redhead attempted to explain.

Kenma heavily exhaled as he tried to calm his breathing. He let the first-year's words sink in and realized Shoyo meant 'dumb' in another way than Kenma had perceived it. "Oh- oh lord, okay, Shoyo."

"Yeah, I- look, I'm sorry if I went too far with that note," Shoyo spoke up as he walked toward Kenma and tried to pull the note the first-year wrote from the second-year's hand. "It's dumb, please forget this ever happened," the redhead said again as he tried to pull the note once more, but Kenma firmly held on to the small piece of paper.

"No, fuck- you didn't," Kenma replied as he wrapped his free hand around the hand Shoyo was using to pull the note he wrote away from Kenma, Shoyo's grip loosened. The setter could feel that his hands were shaking, Shoyo must have felt the same thing. "This was all on me, I just don't know how to act in situations like this," Kenma did an attempt to explain why he was reacting this heavily, his face was probably still burning red.