Chapter 45 // Kenma

"We should be quiet," Kenma whispered as he opened the door for the redhead. "It's pretty late already, my mom probably went to bed." 

"Okay," Hinata replied, also lowering his voice. Both teens took off their shoes and coats without saying anything. 

Finally, Kenma looked at the first-year, the redhead looked exceptionally nice today. The setter had caught Shoyo staring at him a lot today, it was probably because of the clothing. "Do you want to head upstairs right away?" the second-year asked.

"Sure," without hesitating, Shoyo went along with the setter's proposal. "I'm kind of tired but we can just talk a little or something before going to bed?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

The duo snuck upstairs in an attempt to be respectful to the second-year's mother. As they entered Kenma's room, both of them sighed. 

"We should probably shower tomorrow morning," the redhead was the first one to break the silence. Shoyo used a softer version of his regular voice to talk, it sounded somewhat soothing to Kenma. "I don't want to wake your mom." 

"Oh yeah, that's smart," Kenma agreed, he'd feel bad if he were to wake up his mother in the middle of the night. "Let's do that." 

The redhead smiled as he stretched out his arms, it seemed like he was about to yawn but managed to suppress it somehow. "Alright, time to get changed then I guess, can I have a hoodie?"

"Oh- yeah, yes of course," Kenma replied, quite taken aback by how straightforward Shoyo had become.

The second-year opened his closet and took the first hoodie he laid his eyes on, just to throw it at the middle blocker. "Thanks, Kenma!"

Without saying much, the two teens slightly turned away from each other as they started to undress. Kenma took off his necklace first. To be honest, he didn't hate the outfit Shoyo had picked for him, aside from the chain that was annoying at times, the clothes weren't too far out of the setter's comfort zone. The chain too was something the second-year could get used to.

"Did you... like today, Shoyo?" Kenma softly asked as he got dressed in an oversized shirt and some sweatpants.

"Did I like today...?" the redhead asked the question as if the answer was supposed to be obvious already. "I loved today! Thank you for treating me to so many things," Shoyo spoke up, expressing his gratitude. "Honestly, it made me feel bad." 

"Oh, that's okay," Kenma replied to the redhead as he started to walk toward the door of his room, the teen wanted to go to the bathroom to brush his teeth. "I can afford it, I'm just happy you came here so I wanted to treat you." 

"Yeah, I know but- it's not necessary," Shoyo replied as he took his toothbrush from his bag, following Kenma in the direction of the bathroom. "You really don't have to spend so much money on me, Kenma," the redhead whispered, so the second-year's mom wouldn't wake up. 

"I didn't mean to make you feel bad about it."

"Oh no, you didn't!" Kenma noticed a glimpse of panic on the first-year's face, he seemed to have trouble keeping his voice down, but he remembered to do so just in time. "Not at all! I'm very grateful, I just want to be able to give you stuff too," Shoyo replied, he seemed shy about speaking his mind, it was cute to watch. "I want to give as much as I take, you know?" 

"Yeah, I think I understand." 

"Good!" the middle blocker smiled, both teens started to brush their teeth.

"Have you played the game I got you yet?" Shoyo asked as the two finished up in the bathroom.

"No, I haven't had the opportunity to since we've been together the entire time," Kenma replied. To be honest, the teen really wanted to try Breath of the Wild the minute he got it, but he didn't want to seem rude to Shoyo by playing games while the redhead was there to spend time with.