Chapter 7 // Kenma

"Does it look stupid?" Hinata curiously asked the older teen. Kenma looked up and was met with an adorable scene of the small teen being devoured in his friend's clothes. "No- not at all", Kenma said as he quickly looked back at his phone in an attempt to hide his burning face. Dang he was cute.

To be fair, Kenma had purposely picked out his biggest clothes, they were still oversized to him. He was expecting it to be kind of cute looking, but the petite redhead now looked absolutely adorable as he struggled to roll up the sleeves of the hoodie to make his hands visible.

Damn.

These were feelings he didn't want to admit to anyone, not that he wasn't comfortable being himself, it was just kind of... complicated and hard.

"Kenma, shall we get the air mattress?", the younger teen tried to take his friend's focus off of the game, presumably to spend more time with him. "Sure," the older teen spoke up as he put his phone away once again. "It's probably somewhere in the attic." Hinata nodded as a response; "let's go then."

The attic was a messier place than the rest of the house, a lot of stuff was stacked up in shelves with a layer of dust covering them. The older boy searched for a light switch, which was supposed to be located somewhere next to the stairs. After touching around on the wall he finally found it and turned the light on. The room was filled with dim flickering light, it had been a while since Kenma was up here for the last time.

"Where do we look?" Shoyo asked. "Hmmm, it's probably somewhere in the back, we barely get any visitors who stay over, so it hasn't been used in a while." The two teens started their search together and they found a lot of stuff, but the air mattress was nowhere to be seen.

"I don't see it," Hinata spoke up after about 10 minutes of searching, which Kenma had to agree with, he hadn't found the air mattress either. What did this mean? Would Shoyo have to sleep in his bed with him? That would be very cramped considering that Kenma didn't have an enormous bed. It was bigger than a bed for one person, but it surely wasn't made for two people. Kenma had tried to fit in it with Kuroo once during a sleepover, but that was no success; thus the reason his mother bought him an air mattress. Shoyo was a lot smaller than Kuroo though, so there was a chance that it would fit.

"Oh actually, what's that?" Hinata pointed in the direction of one of the open shelves, it looked like the packaging of an air mattress. "I suppose that's it," Kenma responded. He didn't know whether he was glad or disappointed that they managed to find it, but one thing was for sure; he felt flustered because of the thoughts he just had.

The two teens took the air mattress as well as a pump to be able to fill the air mattress and a sleeping bag for Shoyo to sleep in.

Hinata looked at the air mattress which was now spread out on the ground next to Kenma's bed. "How do you want to do this, want to take turns?" Kenma asked the smaller teen, he wasn't feeling it, having to do any physical activity at this time of the day. Not that he would have felt like it at any other point of the day, but he still felt the need to offer it out of politeness.

"Don't worry! I got this!" The redhead was suddenly filled with energy and wildly started to pump the air mattress with his seemingly unlimited stamina. Kenma sat back down on his bed and watched the scene in front of him, he admired Hinata's enthusiasm, especially in a situation like this. Nobody likes doing these kinds of chores, but he seemed to give it his all. Honestly, it was very impressive.

After about 10 minutes, Shoyo seemed to have finished. "Alright, now I just need to close the lid." With extreme care, he took the tube from the opening and tried to screw the cap on, but the little redhead was struggling, "Kenma, help!". The older teen quickly stood up from his bed and walked over to the smaller teen. The air was being pushed out of the air mattress at a rapid speed. Kenma took over the cap and screwed it on top of the lid, their hands brushed past each other in the process which painted the older teen's cheeks a bright pink color. There was that feeling again.

"I think you should be all set now," Kenma spoke up, turning his head away from Shoyo. The redhead let himself fall onto the air mattress; "not bad," he smiled. The two teens finished setting up the younger's bed and got ready to go to bed.

"Can I turn the lights off?" Kenma asked his friend who was now laying on his air mattress, all settled to fall asleep now. "Yes!" Hinata nodded. Kenma turned the lights off and walked towards his bed too, he knew his way in the darkness of his room and avoided Shoyo's mattress before climbing into his bed.

They talked a little about irrelevant stuff until they fell quiet, Kenma assumed that Shoyo had fallen asleep and finally had the time to think. The actions of the redhead made him feel some way he hadn't experienced before. It was new and he didn't seem sure if he liked it yet, but his friend's attention made him feel happy and sometimes embarrassed, but in some way it felt nice too, was this normal?

"Hey psst, Kenma," Hinata whispered after about 20 minutes of silence. "What's up Shoyo?" the older teen asked in return, trying to brush aside what he was thinking about just now.

"Uhmm the air mattress, I think there's a hole in it."

Oh errm by the way, I just wanted to thank you guys for voting and especially commenting, it means a lot and really motivated me to write :)