Chapter 34 // Kenma

"Ah Kenma! Welcome home."

As soon as the second-year closed the front door behind him, the teen was greeted by his mother, who pulled him into her embrace. 

"Hi, mom," the setter greeted his mother as he hugged her back. Honestly, a hug was exactly what Kenma needed at this moment. Not only did he have to say goodbye to Shoyo earlier this morning, but the teen also had to deal with the news that Kageyama apparently has feelings for the redhead. 

Right, Shoyo had asked Kenma to call him when the redhead got home. 

"Did you already eat lunch?" the setter's mom asked as she let go of him. 

"Yeah I did, Kuroo bought me some while we were waiting for the train," Kenma eased his mother's immediate worries about whether the teen had been eating well. She was aware that Kenma frequently forgot to take care of himself if nobody was there to remind him. 

"Ah he's such a gentleman, always taking care of you," his mother sounded pleased. "You rarely bring him home with you anymore like you always used to, how about you invite him for dinner again sometime?" 

"Of course mom will do," the second-year mumbled as he took his phone from his pocket. 

She was right, Kuroo had bought Kenma lunch as the teen was too upset about Shoyo's news. As Kenma and Kuroo were waiting for their train to arrive, the setter had told the third-year about everything that had happened between Shoyo and him the night before. Kenma even told Kuroo about the kiss. 

Honestly, Kenma felt even worse about today's situation as he told Kuroo that the teen had plans of meeting up Shoyo more often and seeing where their potential relationship would go. What if Shoyo changed his mind about Kenma and decided to choose Kageyama over him? Kenma would understand, of course, Kageyama lived so much closer. All those things Kenma feared they couldn't do together would be possible for Shoyo if he were to choose Kageyama over the second-year. Kenma just didn't want to give the redhead up. 

"I'm going to unpack my bag and wash my clothes if that's okay with you," Kenma mumbled as he walked past his mother and walked up the stairs. 

"Of course, I'll call you when dinner is ready," his mother replied. 

It was only 2:30 pm, but the teen's mom knew it was a habit of Kenma's to lock himself up in his room. The second-year felt a little bad that his mom already knew the teen wouldn't come out before dinner, but today he didn't feel like dealing with that guilt. That was something to be dealt with tomorrow, or at a later day.

As Kenma got upstairs he quickly threw all of his sweaty clothes into the washing machine and turned it on. Then the teen unpacked the rest of his bag, which only contained his water bottle, his switch, toiletries, and his chargers. The setter quickly rewired the switch into his rather old television. Honestly, the second-year should start saving for a new one, but then again, he also needed a new laptop sometime soon.

Was Shoyo going to be home shortly? Kenma asked himself as he checked his phone for the time once more. Ugh, only 20 minutes had passed. The drive back to Miyagi would almost take Shoyo 6 hours. Karasuno even had a bus of their own. Nekoma's team on the other hand only lived about an hour away from Shinzen if they used public transport. Nekoma didn't provide any transport whatsoever, meaning the teens had to either be brought to Saitama by car or they had to get there using public transport. Even though Kenma's mother had offered to drive him there, Kuroo had practically forced the second-year to join him in the train. Kenma didn't mind it that much tho, he didn't want his mother to waste her time driving him around.

Kenma patiently waited for Shoyo to contact him. The setter wanted to ask the redhead what time he'd be home, but for obvious reasons, the second-year was too anxious to text the first-year at this moment.