Chapter 8 // Hinata

The two teens had fallen silent after neither of them had known what else to say, only at that moment, Hinata heard a soft sound, which sounded very familiar to air being pushed out of the air mattress. After noticing that, he realized he was almost laying on the ground. Well damn.

The smaller teen thought about what he was going to do now, maybe Kenma had fallen asleep already, he surely didn't want to wake his friend up. Didn't Kenma hear it too? Maybe he just had to find the place where the air was coming from and put his pillow on top of it, but then again he was afraid that he would move around too much and wake the older teen. Moving on air mattresses is a real pain in the ass, Hinata is always too anxious to move around on them since they make so much noise.

Hinata took a deep breath before speaking up; "Hey psst, Kenma," he whispered, a lot softer than he was trying. He hoped that the older teen had heard it and wasn't asleep yet.

Luckily the redhead was met with a reply, "What's up Shoyo?" Kenma asked in his normal voice. The younger teen took another few seconds before answering back, he too spoke in his normal voice this time. "Uhmm the air mattress, I think there's a hole in it."

Kenma was quiet for a little while, he was probably thinking or trying to hear the air escape from the air mattress, but it was barely audible at this point. Hinata was already lying on the cold, hard ground. The silence was getting longer and longer, the redhead was really wondered what Kenma was thinking about, the older teen wouldn't think that Hinata had ruined the air mattress on purpose, right?

"Come up here," Kenma spoke as he scooted over towards the wall, making just enough space for Hinata to join him. "I really don't feel like fixing it right now." The younger teen was only able to see a vague figure of the older teen holding up his blanket, allowing him to join.

The redhead was incredibly grateful that it was so dark, he was so flustered that his face probably looked like a tomato, was he supposed to get up?

The younger teen stood up from what was practically the floor right now and left his sleeping bag behind, just taking his pillow with him he joined Kenma in his soft, warm bed. Hinata snuggled into the soft duvet and was once again met with the older teen's scent. He wished he could just take it all in, but taking a deep breath would have been very weird at this moment.

Kenma, who was facing the wall just now, turned his body around and was now looking directly into the redhead's eyes, his head merely inches apart from the redhead's. Hinata stared back into the older teen's cat-like dreamy eyes. Even in the dark he could tell that Kenma looked good.

"How do you like Tokyo so far?" Kenma asked, not breaking eye contact. The older teen's scent was now mixed with a fragment of mint, the smell of toothpaste. "It's very cool, very different," the redhead replied, shocked that he didn't stutter as his nerves were definitely getting the best of him. Hinata didn't understand why he felt so nervous when this whole situation felt sort of... right?

"Yeah, it's big huh?" Kenma asked. Hinata couldn't see so he wouldn't know for sure, but it sounded like Kenma was saying it with a grin on his face, something which wasn't usual for Kenma at all.

"Everything is huge!" Hinata replied, his voice filled with his enthusiasm. The younger teen's voice wasn't trembling at all, even though he really did feel nervous. The feeling in his stomach was comparable to the moment just before the drop of a rollercoaster, the moment you know you're incredibly close to something incredible which is going to fill you with amazement as you feel the adrenaline pumping through your veins.

Just how did that feeling fit with the current situation? Hinata felt nervous in a good way, but why did he even feel nervous in the first place? The scene which he was in was not comparable to the drop of a rollercoaster at all, so why did he feel this way?

Hinata moved his hand up to touch his warm face but was surprised by the presence of the older teen. The redhead's hand touched Kenma's bare arm which Kenma had positioned his head on, it was closer to Hinata than he had expected. When he realized that it was Kenma's arm he was touching, he quickly pulled his hand away. This made his face even redder.

"Shoyo, your hands are so cold," Kenma spoke up first. Hinata was incredibly flustered. "I'm so sorry! That must have felt so weird! I-" The redhead was abruptly cut off by the feeling of two warm hands, cupping his cold hands. Kenma's hands were so soft, Hinata felt comfortable, but the feeling in his stomach was building up yet again, the younger teen felt like he was going to explode anytime now.

Both teens stayed quiet for a while, Hinata was able to kind of pull himself back together as much as possible in this situation. He wanted to say something but he didn't really know what. The feeling in his body remained which might have clouded his mind, causing him to say something really stupid.

"If people saw us like this they'd think we are a couple," Hinata said playfully, but he instantly regretted what he said. Didn't that sound really stupid? Like he was asking Kenma for something. Maybe he had made Kenma really uncomfortable now, why wasn't he answering? He still hadn't let go of his hands.

"I don't care," Kenma spoke up after a while. "Even if I care what people think about me, that's none of their business". Hinata's hands moved and this time he was the one holding Kenma's hands, he did it without thinking.

"Most people don't expect me to fit in, but thanks to my friends, I kind of do. There are always people who will accept me for who I am and allow me to be part of their group, even if I don't seem that interested." Hinata was speechless and didn't dare to interrupt what Kenma was saying. He was more than impressed. "Kuroo has always been a great friend to me and he has always respected me for who I am, I don't really care what other people think when I'm with him. I know I will have his support."