Chapter 41 // Hinata

After the teens had woken up, they got ready, and shortly after they headed out to Tokyo

Even though Kenma's birthday was over, the teens decided that they would spend their Saturday outside of the house, thus the second-year took Shoyo to a nearby cafe for lunch. The redhead had been very excited about the entire situation. To be fair, everything about Tokyo was new and exciting to him. 

"We're almost there," Kenma spoke up as he pointed in the direction where the cafe was supposed to be. The first-year carefully scanned the area, the duo had been walking for about twenty minutes now, and they had arrived in a significantly more crowded part of Tokyo. 

There were a lot of people, quite some of them looked unusual and wore fashionable outfits. The streets were also filled with all sorts of tourists of different ethnicities, this was nothing like Miyagi. Everyone looked fun and cool in Tokyo. Hinata let his eyes fall back to the person he'd come here with, Kenma didn't fit in with all of those people at all, he was just... Kenma. 

Shoyo caught himself staring at the setter walking in front of him. Did the redhead want Kenma to be like the rest of the people roaming the streets of Tokyo? Probably not.

The setter's style didn't seem as exaggerated as the rest of the people in this giant city, but Shoyo didn't necessarily want the second-year to blend in with the rest. It would take away a huge part of the teen's shy, but charming personality. 

Kenma led the way, he took some turns, until all of a sudden, there were hardly any other people to be seen. Suddenly, Tokyo looked a lot more like a regular city. The people walking around didn't seem as eccentric either. 

"Wooow Kenma, it's so quiet all of a sudden," Shoyo spoke in disbelief. The redhead slightly sped up his pace so he could walk next to the second-year again. 

"Yeah, luckily," the setter sighed as he softly smiled at the redhead, Kenma was pretty when he smiled. "There are a lot of tourists in Tokyo, but if you live around here, you learn how to avoid the busy streets." 

"So this is like a super-secret street only locals know about?" 

"Yeah, sort of," Kenma was still smiling softly. The sight of it made the first-year blush. 

After about 100 meters, the second-year stopped in front of a cozy looking cafe. It didn't seem like there were a lot of people either. Hinata thought to himself that this must have been the place Kenma had been talking about. The atmosphere suited the setter's aesthetic, the interior seemed homely and calm. "We're here," Kenma spoke up, confirming the redhead's suspicions. 

"It looks nice," Hinata approved of the place the setter had picked for their lunch. It seemed to be in the second-year's comfort zone, which made Shoyo happy as well. 

As the duo entered the cafe, they were welcomed with the sound of a bell that hung right above the entrance, informing the employees that new customers had arrived. It was a nice touch.

Kenma took the first-year's hand and guided him to a table in the corner of the cafe. The teens settled for a small table for two and sat down on chairs opposing each other, the setter faced the wall, while Hinata had a nice view over the rest of the place. There was a plant standing in the corner right next to them, accompanied by several small paintings on the wall. 

"I like it here," the redhead smiled at Kenma, who seemed quiet ever since they had entered the cafe, was the teen feeling shy? 

In response, the second-year directed his eyes back at Hinata, he seemed calm, but his cheeks were flushed with a shade of red. "I'm glad you like it, the menu is pretty awesome as well."