Chapter 4 // Hinata (re)

This chapter is currently written in the present tense, This will be changed to past tense to line up with the rest of the book as I prefer that style. Sorry for the inconvenience! The writing will become better in chapter 5.

---

The younger redhead surely was intimidated by this big city. He honestly didn't know where to look.

His eyes scanned the small cafe another time, but once again he ended up not knowing where to look, so he just stared into his glass, which was half full at this point. He waited for Kenma's return. The older boy had been on the toilet for quite a while now.

For some reason the company of the older boy made Hinata feel safe. It was not really a feeling which you could easily explain but it felt nice to him.

When Kenma finally came back from the toilet he was more reserved than usual. "Let's go", Kenma said without really looking Hinata in his eyes.

"A-alright then," Hinata said, forgetting about his unfinished drink. "I will pay" The younger one then said, which earned him a startled look from the older boy with the dyed hair.

"Shoyo, you really don't have to," Kenma said, while his face turned really red. The younger boy had already grabbed some notes from his left pocket and didn't seem too impressed by what the older boy had just said to him.

"No Kenma, " he ends up saying. "I think that it is really sweet of you and I'm touched but you really don't have to spend any money on me," Kenma speaks a lot faster than usual, making his words hard to understand for the redhead.

When Kenma is also about to take the money from his pocket to pay his own share of the bill, Hinata has already paid for him and at this point he is already ready to leave the cafe. Finally, Kenma gives in and they leave the cafe together.

Hinata didn't miss the fact that Kenma was acting differently. He clearly didn't look Hinata in the eyes and it was almost as if he was avoiding him.

Oh no.

Maybe he had upset Kenma?

Hinata didn't pay a lot of attention to the older boy who was trying his best to give him a tour through the city. The tour being Kenma who sometimes mumbled something about a building or a park without really making any conversation with Hinata.

The thought that Hinata might have upset his friend made him feel really anxious. He felt extremely bad about it, he just couldn't exactly explain why, but he wanted to solve whatever he did to upset the older boy.

Out of nowhere, a tall guy started walking up to the two friends, who were in a quite awkward situation. Hinata felt like he had seen the tall black-haired boy before.

"Kenma!" He cheerfully shouted.

Kenma quickly turns his head, his face showing that he is quite shocked to meet this person here.

"Kuroo..." Kenma softly mumbles as he looks down once again.

Oh, that's right.

This tall guy is the captain of Nekoma. He and Kenma seemed close during the game against Karasuno, so they must be good friends.

Kuroo didn't even seem to notice the younger redhead and started to talk to Kenma as if Hinata wasn't with them at all, it must have been because of his size...

The redhead felt awkward, and slightly annoyed at the tall third-year, who was now talking to Kenma.

Hinata slowly approached Kenma, totally forgetting about what happened at the cafe and the way up to here.

Shoyo gently tapped the older boy on his back to get his attention.

Both Kuroo and Kenma look at Hinata and they suddenly stop talking, making the situation even more awkward, Hinata was able to read that especially from Kenma's face.

"Sh-Shoyo..." Kenma almost whispers. The teen is clearly very uncomfortable in the current situation. "Can we go to the arcade, Kenma?" Hinata asks him, knowing that this will draw a positive reaction out of Kenma.

Kuroo gives the younger boy a dirty look. "You actually invited him?" He asked Kenma, to which he slightly nodded. "Y-yes, we were planning to go to the arcade..."

"Tsk, " Kuroo shakes his head. Clearly annoyed by Hinata's presence.

"Let's go Shoyo." Kenma turns towards Hinata. The younger boy looks up and his eyes meet Kenma's. They stare at each other for a split second until Kenma breaks eye contact to look at Kuroo once again.

"We shall go now. See you later Kuroo." Kenma quickly grasps Hinata his wrist and starts dragging him towards the arcade, without waiting for a response.

The two take off, leaving Kuroo startled.

---
Guys, honestly. I'm bad at frequent updates. I'm so sorry, I will start trying to actually upload this fanfic more frequently.

Sorry for the crappy chapter...

Have a good day/night :)