Chapter 48 // Kenma

The two teens stayed on Kenma's bed for a little longer, the middle blocker's head laying on the setter's chest, while Kenma played with Shoyo's hair. It was comfortable, Kenma wished that they could do this every day, but the teen knew that wasn't realistic. In only an hour, Shoyo would need to go back home. The redhead would take a bus back to Miyagi, which was multiple hours away from Tokyo, that thought alone made Kenma feel sad and lonely already. Even though Shoyo was literally laying on top of the second-year at that moment, Kenma missed the first-year already.

"Hey, Shoyo," Kenma attempted to start a conversation about getting up and starting to pack the redhead's stuff.

Shoyo looked up at the second-year, "What's up?" he asked. The first-year had such innocent and bright eyes, Kenma instantly felt bad about even thinking of offering to get up.

"Maybe we should start packing your stuff soon," the setter spoke up. He felt bad as he did, but then again, he didn't want the redhead to be late to the bus either.

"Yeah, maybe," Shoyo responded, "but I don't want to."

"Yeah, I don't want to either," Kenma agreed, easily giving in to the redhead as the teen put his head back onto the setter's chest.

"Let's just stay like this for a little longer, okay Kenma?" the second-year nodded quietly at the first-year's suggestion. Kenma didn't want Shoyo to leave at all, it would be okay to stay like this for a little longer, right?

"Okay, that sounds good."

The silence resumed as Kenma continued to play with Shoyo's hair. Kenma could feel his lips curling up. Without notifying the first-year, the setter displayed a bright smile. The second-year was so happy to be with Shoyo, but at the same time, he could feel tears forming in his eyes. It wasn't like Kenma to get emotional at all, especially not when it came to other people.

"Shoyo?"

"Yes, Kenma?"

The setter could feel the first tear flowing down his cheek, past his ear, finally dripping down onto his pillow. Kenma couldn't let Shoyo notice that he was crying, it wouldn't feel right, considering they just got together. That, and it would be embarrassing in general, Kenma wasn't one to be this open about his emotions. "Are you going to miss me?" Kenma asked, not daring to wipe the wet stream from his face as he was afraid to reveal to Shoyo that he was crying.

Shoyo didn't answer for a few seconds. The first-year didn't bother to look up at Kenma either, "Yeah, obviously," he finally replied. The middle blocker's voice didn't sound as cheerful as it usually did. "But I don't have to worry about anything, right? We're going to see each other again soon!"

"Yeah," Kenma agreed with the redhead. "There's nothing to worry about, we are going to see each other again soon," the teen repeated what Shoyo had said in an attempt to put himself at ease, but he could feel another tear roll down his face.

"And you like me, right?" Shoyo asked Kenma.

"Yeah," Kenma once again agreed with the redhead, however embarrassing it was to say out loud, the setter really did love the first-year. "I like you more than anyone else," the second-year finally said.

"Well, I love you," Shoyo confessed as he further clutched onto Kenma, it was like he was afraid the setter would let go of him. As if.

Kenma didn't know how to reply to Shoyo's love confession. It was the first time Kenma had ever heard someone- no, not someone, his boyfriend, say that he loved Kenma. The second-year didn't know whether he could bring himself to say it back right away. For some reason, Kenma just felt like this entire moment was overwhelming, but then again, he really did love Shoyo. Did that mean he had to say it back right away? That was such a big deal, the two hadn't even been in a relationship for an hour.