Chapter 14 // Hinata

(I have no clue how long the training camp lasted, I bet it was about a few days long, but for the sake of story development I'm going to make it last one week, sorry if that bothers you.)

"Stop texting and get on the bus dumbass," Hinata didn't need to look up who guess who was speaking to him. It was his fellow first-year Kageyama, who clutching onto his pillow and visibly yawning. Out of all people from the Karasuno team, he seemed to mind being up early the most. 

"Hinata, Kageyama, get moving, we need to get on!" Both teens turned around and were faced with Suga who was the last person aside from them to get on the bus. "Okay!" The redhead nodded enthusiastically. The teen quickly pressed send on the message he just finished writing to Kenma and he got on the bus. The first-year setter glared at him for being so loud, but the shorter teen didn't seem to even notice, he was too caught up thinking about their upcoming training camp. 

Since the first-year duo were the last people to get on the bus, they were seated next to each other, near the end of the bus. Sugawara let himself fall next to the team captain, close to the front of the bus. 

"I got a lot better", Hinata spoke to his black-haired friend. "Yeah, I sure hope you did," Kageyama replied while he was busy placing his pillow against the bus window in a way he could sleep comfortably. "I trained hard too," he added, not looking up. A huge smile formed on the redhead's lips, this week was going to be awesome. 

Everyone was pretty quiet during the trip. They were going to arrive around 10:30 am, most people slept through the entire trip, the only restless people were Tanaka and Nishinoya. They were whispering excitedly about something and didn't seem like they had any plans to sleep during the trip. 

Hinata tried to get some sleep during the trip too, but he had a hard time falling asleep as he had nothing to lean on, besides he was used to waking up early. The redhead knew that it would be wise to sleep though, Karasuno was supposed to play some matches later today, so it would be best for him to get some rest as well. 

The redhead did an attempt, by putting on some soft music with earplugs. He put his head against the chair in front of him, facing down. And slowly but surely the teen ended up drifting to sleep. 

"Time to wake up everyone! We're almost there!" Hinata was awoken by the loud voice of his team captain and he quickly opened his eyes in excitement.

His sleeping position, however... had changed. Hinata was now leaning his head against Kageyama's shoulder. His friend was fully awake and scrolling on his phone, he looked unbothered.

"You're awake." He mumbled, quickly eyeing the shorter teen. "UWAH! Kageyama I'm sorry! Why didn't you wake me up?" Hinata screamed in horror as he quickly repositioned himself back into his chair, scared that the setter was going to hurt him he took a position of defense, holding his fists up. "Don't be an idiot, I let you sleep because I need you well-rested for later." 

Hinata let his defenses fall. Kageyama was okay with this? That was kind of... unlike him?

"We're here!" Asahi squeaked in joy, accompanied by an excited "Yay!" From Yamaguchi who was seated in front of them, which was then again followed by an annoyed sigh by; you guessed it, Tsukki. 

The bus stopped in front of Shinzen, which was the school where the camp was about to take place. All schools aside from Karasuno were waiting in front of the school, fully dressed in their training gear already. The other schools participating in the training camp were Nekoma, Shinzen, Fukurodani, and Ubugawa. There were a lot of people waiting and Hinata wasn't able to spot his cat-like friend at first. That was until he noticed a guy looking at his phone, inattentive to the rest of his surroundings. The redhead smiled at the sight of Kenma, whom he hadn't seen in two months.

Hinata saw the second-year get a little push from a taller black-haired teen, it took the redhead a second to remember who he was, but when he did, he got chills again. The guy standing next to Kenma was Kuroo, Hinata was quickly reminded of their last meeting, which was not that pleasant.

After getting nudged by Kuroo, Kenma looked up in surprise and quickly scanned the bus in search of Shoyo. When he eyed the back of the bus their eyes met and the second-year started waving at the redhead with a smile on his face. Hinata felt his mood brighten up too and waved back at his friend, leaning very closely over Kageyama, to be closer to the window. "Hey- What the hell are you doing? Dumbass!" the setter called out as he pushed Hinata back into his chair, slightly flustered by how close to him the redhead positioned himself just now. "Ah- Sorry Kageyama!" Hinata squealed, thinking that he had already been close to upsetting Kageyama a few minutes ago.

"Shoyo! Long time no see!" Kenma called out to Hinata as soon as the redhead got off the bus, he spoke slightly louder than his normal voice, but then again, raising his voice was needed to make himself audible to the first-year, because of how crowded it was. While walking up to his friend, the redhead thought about hugging the second-year as a way to greet him, like he would have done last time, but he ended up deciding against it since there were a lot of people around here. Hinata didn't want the introverted teen to feel uncomfortable. 

"Hey, Kenma!" Hinata spoke to him in joy when he finally got to him, genuinely excited to see his friend again. 

"I hope you practiced well shorty, Kenma trained his ass off to be able to defeat you guys," Kuroo spoke up, creeping up from behind. "Right Kenma?" The third-year swung his arm around his shorter childhood friend, who looked away in embarrassment. 

"Of course we trained our asses off." Hinata heard from behind, in a very familiar voice. The voice belonged to Kageyama, who had followed the redhead from the bus. "We won't go easy on you", the first-year setter smirked at the Nekoma duo as he took a position next to Hinata.

This was going to be an interesting week.