Chapter 28 // Kenma

(I'm breaking my aesthetic by writing two Kenma pov chapters in a row for story progression, I'm sorry lmao)

---

Today was Thursday, which meant that the training camp's end was nearing. On Saturday, all the students were going home. That meant that Kenma only had a few days left to spend with Shoyo. 

For obvious reasons thinking about Shoyo leaving didn't make Kenma happy. Even though the second-year hadn't entirely figured out all of his feelings toward the redhead, the thought of the first-year's departure caused the setter a lot of sadness. 

Shoyo made Kenma feel things the second-year hadn't felt for anyone before. The way they held hands, the way they cuddled, and the way the redhead played with the setter's hair yesterday was... 

It made Kenma feel special.

As Kenma once again got lost in his thoughts about a certain redhead, a blush spread all over his cheeks, significantly warming the setter's face. 

"What are you smiling at? Thinking of the tangerine again?" Kuroo smirked at the setter as he threw a volleyball in his direction. Kenma only just managed to catch it in time. "Geez, not my face," the second-year mumbled as he put the volleyball away in a ball cart. 

Unfortunately for Kenma, the two of them were the last people left in the gymnasium... to clean up, again. Thanks, Kuroo. 

"You know you don't have much time left to make a move on him right?" the tall third-year spoke as he walked towards Kenma, who started pushing the ball cart in the direction of the storage room. 

"I'd like it if you shut up for once," the second-year hissed at his childhood friend. "Oooooh? Getting defensive?" Kuroo asked teasingly, he had a huge grin on his face. 

"Are you planning something Kenma? Are you going to propose?" 

Kenma looked at Nekoma's captain with an expression of disgust in his eyes, "What? No! Of course not. Are you freaking crazy?" 

Kuroo only answered the question with another smirk, which made Kenma realize the other teen was teasing him. Dear God, the second-year felt stupid and embarrassed about himself. 

"I hope that proposal of yours isn't taking place tonight," the third-year continued to tease his friend, which only earned him a glare from a pissed off setter. 

The two remained quiet for a little while as they continued to clean the rest of the gymnasium. Kenma was incredibly annoyed that he had to help clean the gymnasium for a second time. Most people didn't even have to help out once, so why did Kuroo offer the teachers they'd help out a second time? Damn Kuroo. 

"Why not tonight?" Kenma finally asked as he realized the silence was even more annoying than Kuroo's teasing. 

"I'm glad you asked," the black-haired teen spoke up. Kenma instantly regretted asking him in the first place. "Tonight I'm not going to practice with the others. Instead, we'll just be hanging out and maybe play some games."

"You'll be playing games?" Kenma instantly shot up and looked at Kuroo like a cat which spotted its prey. "Well yes, but we were thinking of conversational games or board games... Would you like to come?" the third-year pleadingly looked at the second-year.

The setter only let out a groan in response, "ugh, forget it," he answered in annoyance. 

"No, Kenma, I promise it will be fun! Akaashi will be there, Bokuto will come, even Yaku said he'd consider it!"

"Will Lev be there?"

"...No? I don't think so?"

"...The answer is still no."