Chapter 22 // Hinata

Hinata quietly turned the shower on, he was the only one using the showers at this time, which meant he didn't have to rush.

Or well, the redhead still wanted to hurry up as getting out of the shower meant playing Animal Crossing with Kenma.

Why was the first-year so attached to the second-year setter? He honestly didn't know. What Hinata did know, was that he enjoyed himself every second he spent with Kenma, being with the feline-like teen just made the redhead feel safe and somewhat special.

The redhead realized he currently had more important things to worry about, though. Hinata felt responsible for Karasuno's team being off and falling apart. If the two first-year students didn't make up any time soon, the entire volleyball team would end up suffering the consequences.

Kageyama had been right for calling Hinata selfish, that's why the redhead needed to fix it.

While showers normally helped Hinata clear his mind, this time, the teen noticed himself getting more and more stressed as he got lost in his thoughts. God, this entire situation just sucked.

The redhead sighed, it was only Tuesday evening, yet, such a big drama had already ensued, and Karasuno's number 10 played a huge part in it.

As Hinata felt his mood drop significantly, he hurried the rest of his shower. Everything would be okay once he got to Kenma again. The redhead felt his mood brighten once again as he remembered the second-year had promised to show Hinata all his villagers today. There were so many characters the first-year hadn't seen yet.

Hinata quickly turned the shower off, dried himself with a soft towel, he was in a hurry, the redhead was excited to see Kenma. The first-year quickly threw on some comfortable clothes, his thoughts wandered back to when he wore Kenma's hoodie. The redhead kind of hoped he would get to steal it again sometime this week.

With his red hair still dripping, Hinata rushed to Karasuno's room, he quickly hung out his towel and put his shower equipment back into his bags. Next, the redhead searched his bag for his excuse to hang out with Kenma, that being his switch.

It didn't take the redheaded teen long before he found what he was looking for. With his switch in his hand, Hinata rushed towards Nekoma's room, excited to meet up with his friend.

"Kenma~ I'm going to visit Kenma~," Hinata excitedly sung to himself as he approached the room, as he arrived he stuck his head through the door opening, to look for his friend.

There were some other members from Nekoma's team in the room, they all seemed to be doing their own thing, wearing headphones or talking to each other.

The redhead spotted the second-year, he was almost noticeable, Kenma had wrapped himself in a blanket, he seemed to be wearing earplugs as he played a game on his switch.

To be honest, Hinata was scared to approach his peer, as the first-year was afraid he'd disturb the second-year, Kenma was okay with them hanging out right? Had he forgotten that Hinata was supposed to come over?

"Ah Shoyo," Kenma mumbled, looking up from his switch. The setter gestured for Hinata to come over, which the first-year gladly acted upon.

"Kenma... You seem tired, are you sick?" Hinata asked as he approached the teen. The setter's face was paler than it usually was, his voice sounded even more monotone than it normally did and he seemed to have bags under his eyes which weren't there before.

"No, I- I'm fine Shoyo, please sit down," Kenma spoke up as he looked down in an attempt to hide his face.

"Are you sure? I can come back tomorrow if that's what you prefer-"