Chapter 10 // Hinata

The two teens made their way downstairs, Hinata fully dressed and Kenma still wearing his pajamas, which were able to pass for clothes on a lazy day.

When the two came down, they were greeted by Kenma's mother as well as the smell of freshly prepared fish coming from the kitchen. "Hey boys," she cheerfully greeted. "I've prepared some fish and miso soup, if you still want some rice, it's in the left cupboard above the sink. You'll just need to cook it for a few minutes. Kenma smiled "Thanks mom". It seemed like the older teen's family had already eaten as Kenma's mother left the kitchen, leaving the two teens alone.

"So, rice?" Kenma asked his friend to which Hinata cheerfully nodded in response. The older teen turned on the stove, "you can sit at the table if you want to, this won't take long." Hinata nodded again, "thanks Kenma!"

Hinata positioned himself on the opposite of the table, so he could watch Kenma cook without having to awkwardly turn around. The younger teen got lost in a train of thought in the silence.

Last night was weird. Saying it like that made it sound even weirder. Now it sounded like something dirty happened when that really wasn't the case. Hinata felt so cozy with Kenma and all was good until he started talking about Kuroo. Hinata wasn't necessarily mad at Kenma for talking about Kuroo, but it just made him feel some type of way, it was not necessarily jealousy, but it felt like the third-year student had invaded their moment together, making it feel like he needed to be a part of it.

Hinata sighed and rested his head on his hand. He took another look at his friend who was cooking the rice while scrolling on his phone. The redhead wondered how Kenma felt about yesterday. Well, if you think about it, Kenma was the one who made the first move, but what did he mean by it? Was it just a well-intended move to warm the younger teen's hands, since honestly, they were cold, or was it another type of move?

The redhead was afraid to voice his thoughts, but what were Kenma and Kuroo to each other? Hinata understood that they were childhood friends who grew up doing everything together, but they really seemed to value one another and they both seemed to think highly of each other. Was Hinata going crazy? Maybe he was overexaggerating things in head and seeing things that really weren't there. Besides, on second thought it really wasn't any of his business.

Kenma looked up from his phone and put it away on the kitchen counter. The second-year then started to take the rice out of the rice cooker.

Why was Hinata so curious about Kuroo and Kenma's relationship anyways? Did it matter to him? Was he hoping for a particular answer? Truth be told, Hinata didn't know why he cared as much as he did. Not that he was necessarily jealous of course.

Hinata's eyes were fixated on Kenma, who was now strategically scooping up the miso soup. The redhead wondered to himself if the other teen was good at cooking, Hinata at least really wasn't.

"All done," Kenma smiled while placing the elaborate breakfast in front of the younger teen. It both looked and smelled amazing, Hinata's stomach started to growl, yearning for the food that was in front of him.

Kenma brought out his plate and bowls and took a seat in front of Hinata. "Thanks for the food!" the redhead excitedly exclaimed, trying to contain his enthusiasm but miserably failing. He happily started to dig into the food.

"Did you like it?" Kenma asked the redhead. Hinata felt stuffed, he wished he could have breakfast like this every day, but it was very time consuming to cook so elaborately, especially considering he had to be up early every morning for volleyball practice. It was very likely that Kenma didn't eat this elaborately on schooldays either.

"It was delicious!" Hinata cheerfully replied to the older teen's question. "Do you always eat such an amazing breakfast?" Kenma looked back at him in response; "No, normally we only eat like this on days off. It's hard to manage with volleyball practice." That's what Hinata had expected "Hmm yeah I thought so."

"Hmm Shoyo, the weather doesn't look too promising for today," Kenma read from his phone. They were considering what they wanted to do today as Hinata was supposed to leave in a few hours. "It's cloudy," the younger teen agreed while staring out of the window. "Yeah," the older agreed. "There will be rain too."

Hinata nodded, a little disappointed that this would take away some of his opportunity to see more of Tokyo with Kenma, but very understanding of the circumstances. He would be content with whatever they would end up doing anyways, as long as he got to have some more fun with Kenma before leaving. "I'm sorry Shoyo, but it doesn't seem like the best time to go outside right now."

"I understand," the redhead gave in. "Oh well it doesn't really matter, I came here for you remember? I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to explore Tokyo another time." The redhead chuckled as he said it, trying to make his friend feel better. Kenma gave him a little smile, it seemed genuine and his cheeks were slightly brightened by a red color. "Y-yeah, I guess you're right. Wish the circumstances were different though."

After cleaning their dishes the two went back up to Kenma's room. Hinata was now able to thoroughly investigate everything as his room was brightened by daylight. The older teen even showed off his collection of games which he seemed very proud of.

"Ooooooooh you have a Nintendo Switch?" Hinata exclaimed while viewing all of Kenma's games. He really seemed to have a lot of them. "Yeah, I do," Kenma said, a little excited too. "Cool!" Hinata blurted. "At my house, we have one too! My sister usually uses it to play games like just dance hehe." Kenma smiled back at him with his eyes, "I see, maybe we can play a game together sometime." Hinata tried to contain his smile, that would be awesome.

"This is the game I've been spending all my time on recently," Kenma said while showing off his beautiful island on Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Hinata was totally flabbergasted: "This game looks like so much fun! Oh, who's that? That lady looks like a cat!"

They spent their last time together still enjoying themselves. Even if they weren't able to go out, they still had fun. Around three o'clock in the afternoon, the two of them set back off to the bus station. They shared an umbrella as it was raining. Hinata felt sad that he had to leave but at the same time, he felt grateful for the time the two of them had spent together and already looked forward to their next opportunity to meet up with one another.

When they arrived at the bus stop Kenma sighed, "Next time we'll actually visit Tokyo tower and do a lot more things". Hinata gave him a big grin in response "No worries! I had a lot of fun and that leaves more things to be excited about for the next time!"

The two of them waited for Hinata's bus to arrive and after a few minutes, it finally came. Hinata hesitated how to say goodbye to Kenma since he didn't know when they would see each other again. In the end, he decided to be brave and give the older teen a hug. "See ya Kenma," he said softly, but loud enough for the older teen to hear. Kenma was quite taken aback about the hug at first but he also fell into the embrace of his friend. "Bye Shoyo", he sighed, unable to oppress the disappointment in his voice.

The hug felt different than the hug Hinata gave Kenma when he first came to Tokyo, it was a little longer and more intense. It was only then that Hinata realized it was time for him to go. He broke the embrace and waved at Kenma while running in the direction of the bus.

He took off his bag not to bother the people surrounding him and found a seat in the back of the bus, next to the window. He placed his bag on his lap. From his window, the teen had a perfect view of the bus station where he could see Kenma standing, waving directly at him. Hinata returned his waving with a big smile until the bus set off.

That was fun, he smiled to himself. His bag was feeling a lot lighter than when he got here. Of course, he had eaten the food his mom had packed him, but he hadn't expected it to matter this much.

Oh crap-

The younger teen just realized that he had forgotten his pajamas at Kenma's place, his clothes were probably still hanging out to dry.