Chapter 31 // Kenma + Q&A

"I really like you, Shoyo," Kenma admitted his feelings after the redhead pulled his head back from their kiss. The second-year had an incredibly hard time suppressing his tremendous urge to smile, as well as the bright red blush that had spread all over the setter's face. In an attempt to hide his embarrassment, Kenma covered his face using his hands.

"Kenma... Do you mean you like me in the way that your heart goes all gwah and happy when you think of me?" the first-year asked like it was nothing.

Kenma glanced over his hands and looked at Shoyo. "Yes? I think so?"

The redhead smiled to himself, he looked satisfied with the setter's response. "I'm so glad, that's how I feel whenever I think of you."

"S-Shoyo..." the setter stopped talking, not knowing how to respond to what the first-year had just said. "So how did... kissing me feel?" Kenma asked, as embarrassed as the second-year was, he wanted to know all about Shoyo's feelings. Everything the first-year said and did was just mesmerizing to the setter and now it seemed like the redhead returned the second-year's feelings, which was both unbelievable and tremendous.

"To be honest, you were my first kiss," Shoyo admitted, the redhead seemed slightly embarrassed as he said it.

Kenma just smiled in response, "yeah, you were mine too." Hearing that made the second-year feel special. The setter was the one who took Shoyo's first kiss. Whoever the first-year decided to kiss after Kenma would never be able to take redhead's first kiss anymore. If people were to ask Shoyo took his first kiss in the future, the first-year would be reminded of the second-year as well as this night.

Who forgets their first kiss, right? Kenma now knew for sure that he would always carry this moment with Shoyo in his heart.

"Really?" the redhead asked the setter in awe. "How come I was your first kiss? I mean, you're so cool and everything, I bet a lot of people like you, Kenma!"

Kenma's only response was to chuckle in disbelief, "really? Did you think that I'm popular, Shoyo? God, that's adorable." Yes, Kenma had just called the redhead adorable out loud, and it made the second-year happy. Finally, Kenma was able to say what he thought without being afraid of Shoyo finding out. In fact, the first-year was right in front of him and the teen seemed to be blushing at the comment Kenma just made.

"H-how is that adorable? You're just really cool and attractive, I can't imagine people not liking you," the redhead pouted as he mumbled his words, just loud enough for Kenma to hear.

Now it was the second-year's turn to blush. Had Shoyo just called the setter attractive? Dear God, this wasn't happening, this wasn't real.

"I'm not popular at all, I don't want to stand out," Kenma corrected Shoyo's perception of him. The second-year hoped it wouldn't make Shoyo like the setter any less. Then again, the redhead didn't seem to be the type to care about any of that.

"Well, you don't necessarily need to be popular to be cool," the first-year mumbled once more.

"Anyway Shoyo, you're deflecting my initial question, I asked you how kissing me felt," Kenma turned the conversation back to its original topic. This was his way to divert the subject, it was the setter's way to avoid having to respond to Shoyo's compliments.

"To be honest, I just felt like you were out of my league," the redhead admitted as he averted his gaze. "You're such a good kisser Kenma, my heart went all like swoosh, boom, and gwah."

Swoosh, boom, and gwah? That was supposed to be positive, right?

"What I'm trying to say is, I'm glad I did it," Shoyo blushed as he spoke, how cute.