Chapter 17 - You got yourself in jail for me?

Narrator's POV

"What do you mean I can't bail her out?" Lauren asked the police officer who didn't particularly seem to care that much. 

He looked up from his paperwork and sighed. He really wasn't in the mood to explain this for the third time to this girl. "I already told you, ma'am. This isn't the first offense of Ms. Y/L/N and the guy she attacked is still thinking whether or not to press charges on her for physical assault."

"Who did she even attack?"

As if on cue, her ex-best friend's ex walked past her, looking all bruised up in his face, and talking to some cops. "That's who Ms. Y/L/N attacked," the officer she was originally talking to confirmed. That probably only just confused Lauren more. What the fuck has happened?! How did Y/N go from hooking up with her ex-best friend to beating up this guy? Wait... did she even hook up with Stacy or did she draw that conclusion a little too fast? Rip, she probably did. 

"Okay, can I go talk to her at least then?" Lauren rushed out. 

"I'm afraid you can't, ma'am."

"And why can't I?"

The officer stood up from his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. "Look, this isn't a playground. There are rules around here and sadly, not everything always goes your way," he said sternly, feeling highly annoyed. 

Lauren was probably just annoyed. This day was really taking a toll on her and this man really was making it worse here. What the fuck was today even? She would've never used the word 'eventful' to describe her life, but holy shit, a series of the craziest events just happened to her and all in one day. She's witnessed her fake-girlfriend have three really bad mental breakdowns, went to the hospital because she's got glass in her foot, went on a date while being surrounded by paparazzi and fans, ran into the guy who traumatized her, got into one nasty ass fight with her fake-girlfriend, questioned her feelings for her fake-girlfriend, had an awful conversation with her ex-best friend, got into another fight with her fake-girlfriend, and now she's at the police station, trying to bail her out. 

Literally, what can top this off? 

"Can you put me into jail too then?" Lauren blurted out. She really was out of her mind right now, but just... the thought of the Y/E/C-eyed girl being all alone in some dirty jail cell... probably super pissed at her and maybe also hurt... she just felt way too guilty to leave her alone here. Besides, what if she gets another panic attack tonight? Those are already bad, she can only imagine how much worse it can get when she wakes up from it and realize she's not even in her own bed and has got no one around her.

"Now you're really treating this as some playground," the officer said in his gruff voice. "I'm going to kindly ask you to leave, now."

Lauren drummed her fingers on the desk to consider what kinda options she had. Probably the dumbest one came to mind. "Okay, supposedly if punch someone in the face, would you put me in jail?"

"Ms. Cimorelli, I'm not going to repeat myself. Leave."

The dark-haired girl held up her hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, I'm leaving." She turned around and tried to catch up to the victim of this fight. For someone walking with a limp, she surely ran fast. She saw Stacy's ex still standing by the entrance of the police station, still talking to the cops and called out for him. "Hey, asshole. Wait!"

The boy raised his eyebrows and laughed at Lauren's approach. "Let me guess, you're going to beg for me to not press charges on your psycho girlfriend now?" he said with a smug smile. "I'll gladly make a deal with you, you know. Spend a night with--"