Chapter 11 - Somebody to come home to

Narrator's POV

"We're here," Y/N announced as she pulled the car to a stop. 

Lauren slowly drifted awake from her mini nap, but still didn't know much about what's going on in her surroundings. The Y/E/C-eyed girl chuckled at her and went to her trunk to get an umbrella. Her car was just parked across the street from the Cimorelli's house, but it was still pouring pretty hard, so why not. Subsequently, she walked over to the passenger side of her car and opened the door for Lauren before extending her hand for her to take. 

The dark-haired girl looked at her amusedly as she accepted her hand to get out of the vehicle. "Thank you," she said with a giggle. 

"Of course, milady."

They stood right next to the car under the umbrella for a second, neither really made a move to walk to Lauren's house. They were just kinda staring at each other, something which they seemed to do really often actually. Finally, Lauren broke the eye contact and went to glance down at their shoes. "Today was pretty nice I guess. Thanks," she said shyly. 

"I'm offended that you're guessing that," Y/N joked. She saw how Lauren was still avoiding her eyes and threw the umbrella on the floor. That was certainly a way to make the girl look up at her again. Just when Lauren wanted to ask her why she did that, Y/N cupped her cheeks with both of her hands and leaned in. "You can still push me away right now," she whispered, merely an inch away from her lips. 

Lauren responded by closing the rest of that distance between them in a short peck. 

Y/N grinned at her as she slowly stepped out of her personal space again. Even though the rain was still crashing on them, there was this warm, fuzzy feeling bubbling in the pit of her stomach right now. She shook herself out of her trance and let out a chuckle. "Wow, this looked way more romantic in my head," she commented as she glanced up at the sky and then at the umbrella that she just threw on the sidewalk. 

The dark-haired girl chuckled at her before shaking her head. "You dumbass."

"Hey, I still got you to kiss me though," Y/N said defensively. And just as she was saying this, she felt like doing it again, so she followed her gut and brushed her lips against Lauren's in another kiss. "Sorry to cut this short, by the way," she muttered once they parted again. 

"It's okay."

Y/N nodded her head to herself. She knew she had to leave for the filming right now, but she really didn't wanna leave this dark-haired girl yet. "Uh, if you don't mind, we can resume our hangout after I'm done filming for today? It probably won't take that long either way, like maybe an hour or two, max," she suggested. "I can make you dinner?"

Lauren was actually pretty surprised to hear the suggestion. This girl was such a different person than from how she first met her. "Sure."

And so they stepped back inside the car, but now unnecessarily drenched from head to toe because of the rain. The car ride was silent for the most part, but not really the uncomfortable type of silence. It certainly was a change in pace from before. 

The dark-haired girl peeked over at the superstar before clearing her throat. "So uh, what's the song you're filming a music video for right now," she asked casually. 

"Closer, with Halsey and the Chainsmokers."

"Doesn't that song already have a lyric video though?"

A smirk slowly rose upon Y/N's lips. "I can't even tell if you know that because you've done your research on me or if it's because you're a fan, but either way, I'm really glad you know your girlfriend's music," the superstar said contently. She could tell Lauren really didn't give two fucks about her music, so this was a pleasant surprise.