Prologue

Narrator's POV

[11.28 PM] Unsaved number: i'm bored wanna come over ;)

Y/N smirked at her phone as she typed down a response. Before she could hit send though, she suddenly heard a barking dog and some footsteps charging her way.

She glanced up and was just in time to see a girl getting chased up by a dog coming right at her. It felt like she was being kept in trance by how beautiful that stranger was. Even though she was running for her life right now, she still managed to look--

Okay, maybe she should get out of her way first.

The Y/E/C-eyed girl took a step back to avoid her crashing straight into her but it seemed like the stranger had thought of that too, and both of them just stepped to the same side.

Lauren shrieked out loud as she ran into this weird stranger who was standing by the bridge in this late evening. I mean, standing here all alone and texting someone on a bridge when it's almost midnight. Doesn't that sound sketchy?

However, because of her, this stranger might be... no longer holding her phone. It kind of slipped out of her hand when she ran into her side and fell straight into the waters behind them.

That gave enough time for the dog to round her up. Lauren quickly hid behind the stranger to use her a shield to shield her away from her dog. "Jessie, down!"

Jessie let out a bark in response and growled at her. She was actually a really good girl, but Lauren may have accidentally stepped on her tail a minute ago during their walk and with her freaking out and running away like that, the dog just thought she was meant to attack her.

"Are you scared of your own dog?" Y/N asked as she turned to look at the girl shivering behind her.

"A lot of people are scared of their own dogs," Lauren argued with a trembled voice as she hopped to sit on the bridge. It made her feel safer to be not standing on the same ground as the dog. "But get her away from me."

The Y/E/C-eyed girl chuckled at her comment before crouching down to be at the same eye level as the dog, making the pet sit down too. She carefully patted her on top of her head and saw that she actually means no harm at all. "Hello, cutie. Tell me who's a good girl?" she cooed as she ruffled the fur of the dog.

Seeing that the dog seemed to be tamed, Lauren carefully hopped off the bridge again.

Y/N stood up, resulting in Jessie standing up too. Which consequently has resulted in the dark-haired stranger to freak out once again.

The Y/E/C-eyed girl shook her head at the dramatic reaction. "I'm out of here."

Lauren slowly bucked down to pick up the dog leash but froze as Jessie leaned in closer to sniff her face. She let out a silent scream and ran off again, this time really bumping hard against the Y/E/C-eyed stranger and accidentally pushing her off the railing too.

The dark-haired girl couldn't even ask if she was okay before the dog chased after her again.

-

"Ms. Y/L/N?"

Y/N heard her butler's voice and quickly stood up by the shore. "Albert, down here!" she yelled out.

Albert looked down from on the bridge and cupped a hand over his mouth. His boss was drenched in river water from head to toe, and looking pretty pissed. "I'll be right there."

After a long while, the two of them finally found themselves inside Y/N's car. Luckily, Albert had an emergency bag in here with a lot of random shit, including a towel, so the Y/E/C-eyed girl just used that to dry herself up.