Chapter 10 - Twenty-one questions

Narrator's POV

The car ride felt pretty awkward to say the least. And the fact that the drive is going to be at least half an hour didn't make it a tad better.

Were they really just gonna sit here in complete dead silence for 30 minutes? Barely 2 minutes have passed by and both of them already feel like suffocating in this tension. Just because they've made out a couple of moments ago and almost wanted to rip each other's clothes off didn't mean they can't talk anymore, right...?

Y/N hesitatingly glanced over at Lauren before focusing back on the road. "So... let's play 21 questions," she suggested. This silence was killing her, and yes, she can turn on the radio or whatever, but she just wanted the other girl to talk to her.

"Okay. You go first."

The superstar drummed on the steering wheel as she thought of a question. She actually had one even before she suggested the game, but it was a pretty invasive one. Fuck it. "So, what's up with your deal with the girl back there?" she asked as casually as she could.

Lauren looked over to her and chuckled a little. "You really don't waste time, huh?" She really should've seen this coming. Of course, she was curious. Sighing to herself, she averted her gaze down on her hand. "We used to be good friends, until one day, she found her boyfriend trying to kiss me. She got so convinced that I had tried to seduce him, but I really didn't."

"So what really happened?" Y/N asked as she peeked through her mirrors to see where she can find the quickest exit right now.

"This is two questions now."

"Well, count it as my second question."

"Can I pass it?" Lauren muttered out. She was feeling embarrassed and scared by the memory that she didn't notice the car had stopped again and was now parked in some empty parking lot.

Y/N took off her seat belt and grabbed her hands in hers. "You can't."

Lauren let out a shaky sigh, her eyes stayed fixed on her hands. "H-he... he told me how much he loved me and then... he t-tried to throw himself at me. If she didn't come bursting in sooner, he could've..." She couldn't get the rest of her words out and just hung her head down.

The Y/E/C-eyed girl quickly scooped her up in a hug. "I'm going to cut his fucking dick off. What's his name?" she fumed out.

"It's whatever now," Lauren whispered in a small, broken voice.

Y/N frowned hard at her words as she hugged her tighter. She's going to track him down sooner or later, whether she gives her his information or not. "And she still had the right to talk about you like that..." she mumbled, remembering how that girl was treating Lauren earlier.

"She doesn't know, she doesn't wanna know," the dark-haired girl sighed out. She continued to feel Y/N's gaze on her but she was being surprisingly quiet, so she slowly turned to check what was up with her. And there she was, the superstar was staring right back at her with this glossy glint in her eyes. "Are you tearing up right now?"

"No?" the Y/E/C-eyed girl lied weakly as she pulled away from the hug. 

The dark-haired girl leaned in a bit closer again and saw that those were definitely tears that are brimming in her eyes right now. "Nothing happened though, so it's really okay," she said reassuringly in an attempt to comfort the other girl. 

Y/N knew that she could see through her right now and wiped her forming tears away. "Why do I keep embarrassing the shit out of myself in front of you?" she said with a chuckle.

Lauren frowned slightly and was brought back to the Y/E/C-eyed girl's panic attack last night. She's gonna hold herself to that thought. "Are you an easy crier or did you actually felt that sad for me?" she asked softly.