Chapter 14 - What happened last night...

Narrator's POV

"Again, I'm really sorry about earlier," Y/N apologized for the umpteenth time. She helped Lauren get out of the car before they both slowly wobbled back to the superstar's house. It was to make it up to her, Y/N said, that she's going to take care of her for the rest of the day and will be at her services at all times. 

Lauren sighed softly. "I told you it's fine. The doctor even said the cuts weren't that bad and that I should be healed in a day or two," she reassured. 

"Still, I--"

"Oh, hush. Would you really rather have me be mad at you right now?" the dark-haired girl asked rhetorically. In all honesty, she really wasn't mad at the girl in any way. If anything, she was more worried about her. She thought that first nightmare she's witnessed was bad, but what happened this morning was on a whole other level. She desperately wanted to ask the girl about it, but was it worth the risk of making her have another panic attack? Is it even possible for her to have another panic attack this quick? 

Yeah, maybe she shouldn't try to find that out. 

They stayed awfully quiet on their way to the mansion and into the living room. It'd be a lie to say Y/N didn't know the reason for Lauren's silence, but... hmm, why should she bother to open up to someone that's only gonna stay in her life because of a contract? 

She just dropped Lauren off at the couch before slipping to the second bathroom of the house to clean herself up a little and change into some fresh clothes. After she was done, she walked over to the broken bathroom she was in earlier and frowned at the sight in front of her. Yeah, fuck. She pulled out her phone and dialed her butler's number. "Hey, can you, uh, call someone to fix the bathroom? I may have kinda broken some things in here."

"No problem, ma'am. Are you hurt though?"

Y/N glanced down at her hand that was wrapped up in some bandages and smiled a little. It probably would've been a smarter idea for a professional to treat her wounds again earlier when she was at the hospital, but... this was probably the nicest thing Lauren's done for her, so she just didn't want anyone to touch it. "Yeah, but I'm fine. Don't worry."

There was some silence and she can already imagine the old man shaking his head at her. Albert let out a frustrated deep sigh at last. "How can you be such a pain in the ass?" Ever since they met each other at that low point in their lives, they've had this close bond with each other. He was the good ol' father-figure Y/N never had and she was the girl that single-handedly saved his entire family from living on the streets and possibly starving to death. 

And even though the butler had a couple of grandchildren at home that were significantly younger than this superstar, none of them seemed to be able to cause him this type of headache.  

"Love you too," the Y/E/C-eyed girl chuckled out. She glanced over at her fake girlfriend sitting on the couch and bit her lip. "Oh and uhm, can you maybe buy something for me too?"

Once she was done with the call, she made her way back to where the dark-haired girl was and plopped down next to her. "So... are you hungry? Or I don't know, is there anything I can get you or do for you?" Y/N asked, turning to her. 

Lauren raised her eyebrows a little and placed her hand on her shoulder in case she's going to shoot up and run to some place again. "It's fine, I don't need anything. Just feeling kinda tired," she said and as if on cue, let out a yawn. What she said was actually an understatement, she could literally pass out right now with how tired she was. 

Y/N frowned slightly as her thoughts straight up pointed her in one direction. "D-Did I keep you up the entire night? I'm sorry, I--"

"Shut up."