Chapter 23 - I thought you didn't write love songs

Narrator's POV

The next morning, Lauren woke up to an empty bed. 

Wait, bed?

Last night after bringing Y/N home, she didn't fully trust her to be on her own, especially not with her being all drunk and having poured her heart to her just earlier that morning. But then again, there was also that stupid rule the superstar set up, 'don't sleep in the same bed with me again the next time you have to sleep over' or something like that. It was stupid. But yeah, that was the reason why she had to sleep in a chair last night.

So yes, it was very weird that she woke up in a bed this morning. 

Stretching her limbs, she decided to just start her day. She highly doubted some burglar was nice enough to put her in bed after breaking in, so it was most probably the Y/E/C-eyed girl. Another stupid thing that girl did that's making her swoon, ugh. 

Lauren roamed around the house in search of the superstar, but she was nowhere to be found. She couldn't have left the house this early, right? What if she did that to avoid her? What if this was her silently telling her to leave her house while she's away so they have no awkward confrontations? Okay, she did not enjoy thinking about that. 

Suddenly, she heard some guitar echoing from somewhere in the house. She followed the sound and almost missed it. 

"You look so wonderful in your dress, I like your hair like that."

"Hmm?" Lauren paused in her tracks and took a few steps back. Was that... Y/N singing? It was just right at that moment she realized she's never heard the girl sing before. That is if you don't count hearing it on the radio or something. She carefully walked back to the superstar's bedroom and pressed her ear against the door. 

"We are surrounded by all of these lies, and people who talk too much.
You got the kind of look in your eye as if no one knows anything but us."

That was the softest and sweetest she's ever heard the Y/E/C-eyed girl's voice. And she gotta admit, it was very beautiful. It almost made her wanna burst through these doors right now, just so she can hear her better. But what came out of her mouth next made her heart almost stop beating.

"Alright, this is the pre-chorus. You ready?" Y/N said as she continued to strum her guitar.

That's when Lauren realised she wasn't just randomly jamming songs in her room right now, but she was actually singing a love song to someone. She could even hear her smile in her voice, and... she knew she had no reason to be, but it was making her feel this feeling of jealousy bubble up inside of her. And the thought of ruining her flirt game by barging in right now was very very tempting. 

The girl on the other side of the line said a 'yeah'. 

"Should this be the last thing I see,
I want you to know it's enough for me.
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need."

Just for the good effect, Y/N strummed on the guitar more dramatically, making the girl she was singing the song to giggle. Lauren heard Y/N laugh in response too before the chorus hit. She hated how she could still think her laugh was cute even when she was serenading some other girl right now. This was ridiculous.

"I'm so in love.
So in love.
So in love.
So in love..."

And then the song ended. 

"Oh my god, that was so beautiful, Y/N/N," the girl on the other side of the screen exclaimed in awe. 

Y/N smiled at her. "Thank you, thank you," she said, taking an exaggerated bow before suddenly standing up. "Wait one second though." She walked over to the door with her phone and yanked the door open. As a result, Lauren came stumbling inside the room and almost straight into the Y/E/C-eyed girl's arms too. The dark-haired girl quickly took a step back and turned back around, ready to sprint the fuck out of here. Y/N quickly grabbed ahold of her hand and pulled her back to her. "Why are you scared?" she chuckled out.