Chapter 16: Platform 9 3/4? Where the hell is that?

Hello there! If you haven't voted on which house Percy should be in, please do. This is the last time you can!

Previously

Once Percy had explained everything to Julius and Claudia they were quite surprised.

"Well, that's... certainly something", Claudia said.

"When do you leave?" Julius asked.

"August 31st. I'll be there two months, then here two, there two and that til June", Percy answered.

"Well, we better have some fun while we can then", Claudia said with a mischievous smile.

"Whatever this is, I feel like I will have to deal with two very angry consuls", Julius sighed. 

*timeskip*

No one's POV

"Ouch, ouch, ouch, let go of me!" Claudia said as Julius was pulling her along by her ear. 

"I can't believe you did that! I might be demoted for your bloody stupidity", Julius said angrily. 

"It was just a prank!" Claudia said. "And Percy helped too!" 

"Hey, don't put the blame on me!" Percy said. 

"You're supposed to be more responsible than Percy! You don't play pranks on the general of the Praetorian Guard, you buffoon!" 

"But it's funny!" 

"Funny? You've put my ass on the line!"

"It's just some pink paint and glitter. Nothing harmful", Claudia said. 

"And it's just your neck that I might chop off for this! That's not harmful either!" 

"You wouldn't do that. You like me!" 

"I like my rank more. And you know bloody well I want to become general once Marcus stops", Julius said. 

"You like your rank more than you like Claudia? So you like her?" Percy said with a cheeky smile. Julius shot him a dirty look and let go of Claudia. 

"We'll speak about that later", he said. "For now, you two are on guard duty. Percy for two weeks until he pisses off to England, Claudia until I or general Marcus think you've been here long enough. If I catch you doing even the slightest thing that I don't like, I will personally throw you both in front of the lions! Is that clear?" 

"Yes centurion", Claudia and Percy said in unison.

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure we don't all get killed by general Marcus", Julius said before storming off. 

"It was really funny though", Claudia said once Julius had left. 

"We might've gone a bit too far", Percy said. 

"Too far? I was just getting started!" 

"It's good that Julius stopped you then", someone said from behind them. Percy and Claudia turned around. 

"Consul Marius, what a surprise", Claudia said carefully. 

"I have never seen Marcus so angry before. He's gonna eat you two alive", Marius said. Claudia and Percy gulped. "But it's also one of the funniest things I have ever seen, so I'll make sure he doesn't kill you." Claudia sighed in relief. "But that doesn't mean this will go unpunished. Percy, you will excavate the trenches on the Fields of Mars. Claudia, you will clean the sewers and the aquaduct." 

"Wouldn't it be easier if we swapped?" Percy asked. 

"That's the point. You'll finish this shift first and then you'll do the jobs", Marius said.