Chapter 15: Horizontally? Vertically? Diagonally? No wait, Diagon Alley!

Hello there! If you didn't vote on which house Percy should be in at Hogwarts, please do. I plan to release that chapter on a very special day... enjoy!

Previously 

"What was so important I can't know about it?"

"Well, if general Marcus couldn't tell you, I don't think I'm allowed either", Percy said. Julius raised an eyebrow. "Okay, tomorrow I'll ask if you two can know." Just then Claudia kicked Julius's legs and he fell down. She picked up her sword and held it at his throat.

"Did you forget what you always say? Don't turn your back on your enemy", she said. "Now I win." Julius was eyeing his sword.

"No, you don't", Claudia said. Just as she reached for the other sword Julius pushed Claudia's other arm from under her and she fell on top of him.

"You two really not gonna kiss?" Percy asked.

"Shut up!"

"I got the sword, centurion", Claudia said.

"And I'm the one with a dagger at your throat", Julius responded.

"I yield", Claudia said.

"Smart. Now get off of me", Julius said. 

The next day

Percy's POV

A tired Percy stood outside the barracks together with Marius waiting for Dumbledore to return. 

"How are you not tired Consul?" Percy asked.

"Experience. And a colleague who snores loudly. You get used to waking up early", Marius said with a smile. Just then Dumbledore appeared out of thin air. 

"Hello Consul, Perseus", he said. Marius nodded. "This shouldn't take too long. Today we'll only get everything Perseus needs for the school year and then he will be back for a while. Term starts September 1st, I'll come pick him up August 31st. Are you ready Perseus?"

"Ready as I can be", Percy said. 

"Grab my hand", Dumbledore said. Hesitantly Percy did so and immediately the two of them disappeared. It wasn't the most comfortable feeling in the world, but it was better than being in the chariot with Apollo. For the sun god he was pretty terrible at his job. A few seconds later the two appeared next to some tatty old buildings.

"Welcome to London", Dumbledore said. 

"Charming", Percy said whilst looking at the buildings around him. From the corner of his eye Percy saw Dumbledore looking at him. "Is there something Professor?" 

"Most people throw up after Apparition", Dumbledore said. 

"Well, most people aren't demigods", Percy said. Dumbledore chuckled and went inside one of the buildings, the Leaky Cauldron.  

"Hello Tom", Dumbledore said. The man nodded at Dumbledore and continued cleaning glasses. Percy guessed the place was a bar of some sort. New Rome had lots of bars but they were different: they were actually clean. As they went through another door they were looking straight at a wall. 

"It's a wall. Truly magical", Percy said sarcastically. Dumbledore walked up to the wall and tapped on some stones. Suddenly the wall opened and revealed a long street full of shops and people. "I take back what I said."

"Welcome to Diagon Alley", Dumbledore said. "A truly magical place. First we will go to Gringotts to get you some money." As they walked through the street Percy marvelled at the place. It wasn't the weirdest thing he had ever seen, but that's what happens if you spend your time in the Underworld, under water or with a civilisation of Roman warriors. At the end of the street stood a tall white building, which looked like it could fall over at any moment. Percy saw engravings in Latin on the building.