Chapter 21: New year, new problems

Hello there! This chapter is a bit shorter than I expected. I was going to put more in here, but I quite liked the ending. Enjoy!

Previously 

"Do you spend a lot of time in the Muggle world?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"Oh Arthur, not again", Mrs. Weasley said.

"Dad likes the Muggles a lot", Fred said.

"Some would call it an obsession", George added.

"Once again, it's complicated", Percy said. He decided to leave it at that. He didn't want to risk mortals knowing about the gods, even though he knew he could trust the Weasleys. Just then the two youngest Weasleys, Ron and Ginny, came down.

"Ron, Ginny, this is Perseus. He is one of Fred and George's friends", Mrs. Weasley said. Percy nodded at the two younger kids.

"Well, dig in!"

*timeskip*

Percy's POV

For once Percy's life was normal. Well, as normal as life can be for a wizard and demigod. But of course it didn't last for long. It was the last month of Percy's second year at Hogwarts when things started getting weird. In May the dreams started. He saw Alecto, one of the Furies, being killed. He saw the Minotaur being stabbed with it's own horn. And then he saw the other camp, Camp Half-Blood. After a while the dreams stopped, but in the last week before the holidays the dreams were replaced by something else. 

"Whacha got there?" Percy asked Adrian as he sat down in the Great Hall. 

"The news. Some kid in America blew up his step-father's car and then vanished. He resurfaced yesterday", Adrian said. 

"And why is that in the Daily Prophet? Probably a Muggle doing something stupid with explosives", Percy said. 

"MACUSA thinks he might not be a Muggle", Miles said. "Whatever blew up the car, wasn't Muggle." 

"What did blow up the car?" 

"That's the thing. They don't know", Adrian said. This piqued Percy's interest. If even MACUSA didn't know what caused the explosion it meant that the Mist was obscuring their vision. And that meant there was a demigod involved. 

"Lemme see", Percy said. Percy scanned through the article and then looked at the moving picture in the middle of the page. He saw the wrecked car burning by the side of the road. As he looked more closely he saw small flecks of golden dust floating around. Definitely a demigod involved. But if both the Mortals and Wizards were on the lookout for this demigod, he could forget whatever he was doing. If there was one thing the Wizards did better than demigods, it was following someone without getting noticed. And MACUSA had the best of the best. "Interesting..."

*timeskip*

After breakfast had finished Percy managed to slip away to the toilets. 

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering", Percy said after he made sure there was nobody else there. "Show me Triton, Atlantis." After a short wait Percy's brother appeared. "Triton!" 

"Percy? Don't scare me like that!" Triton said. "Why are you contacting me? You could be found!" 

"There's something happening, isn't there?" Percy asked. 

"What do you mean?"

"I've been getting dreams recently about Camp Half-Blood", Percy said. "Something's going on."