Chapter 12: Camp Jupiter

Hello there! I'm back once again. Not gonna say much here, just enjoy!

Previously 

"Go to Camp Jupiter, they said. It will be fun, they said", Percy mumbled as he ran away from a cyclops. He reached a ditch and turned around. As the cyclops came closer, Percy raised the water and slammed it into the cyclops, who fell to the ground. Percy walked over, took out his new trident and stabbed the cyclops, which turned into dust.

"I know you're watching Lupa! I hope you're enjoying this", he shouted before he continued towards Camp Jupiter.

"It can't be far now", Percy said to himself.

"No, you're close. Follow the water and you will get there. But stay alert", Lupa said in Percy's head. Percy went completely quiet and listened. He could hear a faint noise, quickly coming closer. It sounded like a snake, but bigger and more. Percy's eyes widened.

"Hydra"

Line break

Percy's POV

Even though Percy used the water to move faster, he could still hear the hydra slowly coming closer and closer. Percy took out his golden pen and pressed the button three times. As his trident appeared, he did a quick prayer for Vesta, hoping her blessing could save him. 

"Don't fear Perseus", Vesta said in his head. "My fire is with you." 

Percy looked back and could see the hydra. He sensed more water not far away. Once he reached the small river, he jumped in and went to the middle of the river. The hydra seemed to hesitate for a moment, but then also went into the river. Percy gripped his trident tightly. 

"May the gods help me", Percy said. Suddenly fire appeared on his trident, surprising both Percy and the hydra. The hydra rushed forward, but in a slit second Percy had thrown his trident straight into one of the nine necks of the monster. As Percy used the water to pull his trident back, the head fell off and didn't grow back. One down, eight to go. 

*timeskip*

Claudia's POV

"This is boring", Claudia said to Julius. "You centurions really have to do this every day?" 

"Every day as long as our cohort is on guard duty", Julius said. "We've got to make sure our  legionaries don't do anything stupid." 

"If you think I'm stupid, why did you let me into the Fourth?" the daughter of Mercury asked. 

"I didn't say you were stupid", the son of Apollo answered. Just as Claudia was about to answer she heard the sound of twigs snapping. 

"You heard that?" she asked. 

"Yep. Grab your spear", Julius said as he grabbed his bow. Suddenly a young boy appeared from the shrubs. He quickly looked around, saw the two guards and came in their direction. 

"It's just a kid", Claudia said. 

"He's saying something", Julius said. He listened closely until he heard what the kid was saying. "He's saying hydra."

"Hydra? Where?" Just as she finished her sentence a hydra with four heads appeared. 

"There! I'll try to hold it off. Get backup, with fire. Now!" Julius said. "Go!" As she ran back to the camp, Claudia looked back once and saw her centurion put an arrow in the torch at the entrance and fire it at the hydra. 

Line break

Percy's POV

As Percy ran towards the entrance of the camp he saw one of the guards run off and the other preparing to fire arrows at the hydra. The first arrow missed. The second hit the hydra in it's body, but that only made the monster angrier. Then several more arrows pierced one of the four remaining necks. Three head left.